Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rocktober!!! Gotm

Yes! The neck is not the standard neck. It is a custom longscale Telestyle neck, so it can easily be set up for B Standard.

Gesendet von meinem Aquaris V Plus mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S82T View Post
    Yes! The neck is not the standard neck. It is a custom longscale Telestyle neck, so it can easily be set up for B Standard.

Nice! Where did you get that?

It was initally custom built by a luthier for another project I built for a friend, but he decided to go for a standard scale instead, so I had this one around for about half a year, before I decided to do the jazzcaster. There also are conversion necks by allparts or warmoth, but these are quite expensive.

4. Liked by: Andyxlh

Entry from Scott S - the Twin - SGD-612.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180929_175741.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	28319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180929_175827.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	28320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0441.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	28321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0444.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	28322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closeup.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	28323  

6. Liked by: Guvna19

32 years ago we lost a legendary bassist in Clifford Lee Burton. He will always be remembered for his bass work in Metallica and Trauma !!! My latest bass build is dedicated to him...a Shou Sugi Ban Rickenbacker finished in Scandinavian oil and a coat of gloss with an active Bellcat pre-amp and swirl painted scratchplate and truss rod cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42705718_10156346298376690_8142097785110396928_n.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	28324

Name:	42440959_10156346298756690_8791308694928228352_n.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	28325

Name:	42731813_10156346298991690_3680118370818064384_n.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	28326

Name:	42730719_10156346299776690_957816194209939456_n.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	28327

Name:	42719561_10156346298281690_7754663306622664704_n.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	28328

Wow what a great collection this month, and so varied!
    I would be very happy to take any of these home if anyone can spare one...

OK competition closed. Will get November up shortly.

Judges comments - each month it gets harder and the quality has been fantastic this month.

As this is a competition for amateur guitar builders, by Moderator decision, Shafrandow's RC-1 has been disqualified as his facebook profile implies that he is a luthier selling guitars for profit. While this is an amazing guitar, unfortunately it does fall outside of the rules for this comp and as such we have decided to disqualify this guitar. We apologise if this appears harsh, however we do try to keep the playing field as level as we can.

DarkMark's ES-5V
    Professional, tastefully vintage and highly desirable.
    A fireball out of darkness, that's what I see looking at this finish. Vintage but with a modern feel. I love the finish. Clean, simple, elegant. Fantastic.
    This guitar is a piece of art of astounding beauty, there is nothing to even nit pick over, the finish has a depth that you could dive into.
    Been amazing watching this one come together. Envy inducing burst. Great finish.
    Nothing here not to love – the burst does look like a flame coming out of the guitar and is consistent back and front. Simple things like the black knobs finish it off perfectly.

Wazkelly's MMB-4
    An understated build that is impossible to fault.
    Clean, natural, and gorgeous. The natural look with the chrome really works on this. Nice upgrades and beautifully put together. Very nice.
    Another brilliant build by Waz, the upgrades are all quality and certainly enhance the entire package, the attention to detail, the headstock branding and the simplicity of the finish are all perfectly understated. Probably a winner any other month but this month the standard is through the roof.
    Stripped back, blonde beauty. Great job. It may not be fancy, but it doesn’t need to be.
    Simple and elegant blonde – beautiful…

Dedman's PBG-2
    Original yet familiar, another faultless and stunning build from Dedman.
    This shape has never really grown on me, but it still shines with the Dedman touch. Great finish and awesome custom graphics, all highlighted with the gold hardware elements and screws. Headstock decal edges show a bit in the photo, but I suspect are less an issue in person. Definitely a grab and play.
    That Deadman is an artist in the truest sense shows here, the wonderful metallic finish with the gold hardware and black & gold foil pickups complement and highlight each other perfectly.
    The artwork on the back of the body adds another dimension to this guitar, I have no idead which side should be facing when displayed.
    I ( hope ) assume it is a camera angle that causes the tailpiece cover to appear to be at an angle to the bridge and pickups, this is where the ever so minor demerit comes in.
    Typical Dedman attention to detail, with the little twists that make it one of a kind.
    Love the look, overall effect is beautiful – only thing I can pick is the decal in the headstock edges are standing out a bit…

Andyxlh's TL-51
    Relics can be hard to pull off, but Andyxlh has knocked it out of the park.
    I don't love relics, but this looks pretty damn good. A little bit of 'real' wear and it'll just about be perfect. Nice choice of upgrades and a great workhorse feel about it. Very nice.
    As someone who doesn't care for reliced instruments impersonating genuine wear I think Andy has done a very good job of getting into the ballpark, the addition of the proper ashtray style bridge, tuners and 5 screw single ply pickguard.
    Very impressive attention to period detail.
    Could have had a bit of buckle rash and normal strap buttons rather than strap locks, this would have really locked it in.
    Relic’s aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but this is a well thought out and executed one. I be proud to own this.
    Beautifully executed tele – love the relicing – even through to the fretboard – looks like it’s been well loved.

Rossc0's ES-12
    A beautiful build, this would look good in any collection.
    Great colour on the top, love it. Looks great with the gold and a fantastic looking headstock. Less of a fan of the colour on the back, it's a little too light compared to the rest for my taste. Twelve strings of tasty.
    Luxurious that beautiful grain through the stain and gold hardware and the body cavity left natural is just so perfect for this build.
    The decal detail on the headstock is totally complimentary to the overall finish, to pick a nit the TRC engraving probably should have been gold but aside from that simply brilliant, an uptick for laying the Pitbull decal inside the body, you'd need a steady hand and the patience of a saint to get that right.
    Love the headstock. You made the most of a gorgeous top.
    This is a beeline guitar – one that you’ve got to look at in a shop – great work!

toto's RCA-4
    Simple, elegant and looks like a reliable workhorse for a Pro player.
    Love the body colour contrasting with the natural neck, great look. Clean, simple, and very nice.
    A very traditional finish very well executed, the audience stood and applauded when the saw the finish achieved with the shielding it is so difficult to get wrinkle free in confined spaces.
    The lack of a logo on the headstock is a small letdown but overall a proper workingman's bass.
    Impressive build. A great rocking bass.
    Love the simple and clean look of this one – nicely finished and real natural wood look to it.

S82T's JTL-1
    Love it! Subtle and stylish, would look right at home in my Tele collection.
    Offset Tele chug machine. Dark, sinister and awesome. Great looking finish with great upgrades. Unique beast.
    Nice, this one sits between the bottom and top end with the longer scale and should provide more than a bit of inspiration for those contemplating baritone or bass VI builds
    Nice detail on the headstock and upgrades that compliment intended purpose of the instrument, also nice to see the grain standing out proud for all to see.
    Impressive drop-6 guitar. You managed to really bring out the grain while keeping it subdued.
    Amazing finish and love the photography. Fantastic job!

Scott S' SGD-612
    Simply stunning Twin Neck build that would draw crowds at a Guitar Show.
    The 612's always look great. Nice colour but the finish looks a touch orange-peely in some of the photos. I would have preferred to see the headstocks shaped, but that would've needed a change to the logos. A huge build, done well.
    Orange and black may not be traditional SG colours but I'm sure the man it's named after would be more than happy to get his hands on this one.
    I would have loved to know more about this guitar, but I'm sure it would have no trouble climbing a Stairway to the Hotel California.
    The only letdown for me is the bland headstock when compared to the rest of the guitar.
    Behemoth in nature – better you than me lifting and playing this thing. Nice job and love the logo!

METAL Rulez 4ever RC-4
    A burnt beauty. A great marble look to the scratchplate and TRC from the swirl, complimented further by the black hardware. Different, tasteful, and really well done.
    METAL Rulez 4ever's RC-4 - I'd never heard of Shou sugi ban before and this month we've had two axes that have used this technique!
    I like the use of a traditional woodworking technique, and the way that this has been applied. It seems to follow the grain quite well and adds something quite unique. The pickguard is also quite different, though my OCD kicks up at the varied knob selection.
    The black hardware works well in conjunction with the Shou sugi ban work, and from the limited shots the overall effect works if being a little dark.
    It would have been nice to see more of a build diary and some progress and method shots for the burning and also some detail on the fittings and final finish. A tribute logo to Cliff or any logo at all would have been cool, as would a few more clear and up close pics. A fine tribute none the less, but for lack of detail I'm going to have to mark down a bit.
    What an inspired build with a totally unique and brave finish, this bass could easily have finished looking like a piece of burnt toast rather than a work of art.
    The dipped pickguard also adds a touch of class, I would have loved to have seen CLB somewhere on the headstock to set it right off.
    The odd knobs won’t be to everyone’s taste, but they match the marbled pickguard. Amazing finish.
    Nice finish – the dipped pickguard and mismatched knobs don’t really do it for me, but other than that – the finish is excellent.

And to the results:
    Runner up is Wazkelly's elegant and sophisticated MMB-4:

And the winner - how can anyone go past DarkMark's ES-5V:

That was a surprise, and a little embarrassing considering I could not of achieved this without the help of forum members, including some of who are in this months competition. Thank you judges and community. Great display of guitars this month everyone, keep up the good work.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast