Thread: GS-2Q build

GS-2Q build

Hi all,

A few days ago my kit (no hardware) arrived in the Netherlands. Clearance cost was a bit of a bummer (so a body, neck and a cavity cover set me back about 300 Australian dollars) but I already knew building is note expensive than buying, so...

The body looks nice. I plan to stain the top and finish the whole guitar with Tru-oil because I suck at painting.

The neck was a bit of a let down. A small crack at the top of the headstock along the line of the grain. Shit happens and it was easily fixed with some glue and a clamp. I had a very hard time to straighten the neck for a fret level but I got close enough. It needed a lot of leveling but I finally got it to where I want and I'm now in the process of reshaping and polishing.

I'll make choices along the way, but it will get black hardware, a Tom bridge with tailpiece and Iron Gear pickups. Besides that, everything is open.
    Last edited by johns; 22-07-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added pictures

The neck is glued in and I'm starting to add some color and finish. Hardware is on its way...

A while between drinks, but that's coming up very nicely. Love the quilt, and it sounds like you've got the neck issues under control

Yeah, it has ended up nicely. I didn't position the bridge and tailpiece very well. But it intonates and it sounds and plays great.

Now that's what a super strat is made for, some classic 80s shredding! Sounds amazing, though I suspect with chops like those you can make anything sound amazing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#4 - Zero Budget
    #3 - Semi-Scratch Baritone w. PBG 30" Tele neck
    #2 - EX-1
    #1 - ST-1M

Just a beaut! I ordered mine and can't wait! This will be my first attempt. Any advice on how you did the burst? It came out fantastic!