Thread: NID ( New Interface Day )

NID ( New Interface Day )

My Bheringer Xenyx has developed an unacceptable hum so today I splashed out on a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, it will be perfect for our needs as we only track one voice or instrument at a time.

I looked at the 2i2 that most seem to use and couldn't see the value for the extra $65 given our needs.

I'll let you all know what I think of it when it turns up and I get the bundled VSTs and drivers loaded

I've been using Focusrite Solo for a couple of years.
    Mainly for recording saxophone, but I plug my guitar in it because I don't have a dedicated amp.

cheers, Mark.

I've got a Scarlett 2i2 that I bought new after I bought myself a new laptop and some new furniture for my house last year, it's a great little audio interface, as is the Scarlett Solo, since it's from the same range of audio interfaces that Focusrite offer.

I've had an 8i6 on my desk for about a decade now I think, very nice little unit.

The Solo turned up today and I've installed the drivers ( reqd for Win but not for Mac ), still installing the additional software on PC & Laptop.

Not recorded with it yet but the playback clarity is frightening so much better than the Behringer before it went haywire and I can't compare it to the Peavey which I loved but it's too long ago to remember clearly