Thread: IB-1Q Screamin Demon Dragon - build #8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IB-1Q Screamin Demon Dragon - build #8

It took almost a month of trying not to, but... well most of you know how things are when you have a bad case of GAS...

I tossed and pondered for ages, shall I get a real RG, or save and wait to get a Jiva, or will I go with a kit ?... Priced one, checked websites and found the others would be double if not quadruple or more in a strike to the wallet, so ultimately as I do enjoy the building process almost as much as playing I took the most economical path and got the IB-1Q kit.

A comment here for our Aussie post... This is my 8th delivery from PBG and ALL have been delivered in a timely manner. Also that all have arrived as if Adam had handed them to me personally it perfect undamaged condition...

Okay, so I opened the box.... And WOW !!! The Dragon inlay is Awesome. Great colour, incredible depth... the photos don't do it justice. And while the quilting isn't quite as impressive as some of the images of quilted guitars you may find in Google images it is still very nice and balanced and in some ways a little understated. It will be interesting to see how it progresses when colour and finish coats are added.

I took some photos of the damped down slightly for the benefit of all you visual creatures out there... Not too many outlandish plans. Keeping all the original hardware and the supplied Floyd bridge for now, but I do have a set of Ibanez IBZ humbuckers that I want to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180703_133424_resized.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	27232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180703_133653_resized.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	27233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180703_133708_resized.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	276.9 KB 
ID:	27234  

2. Liked by: Thunderbird