Thread: Out of production guitars

Out of production guitars

I saw this article about 7 guitars in need of a re-issue, and some of them looked like they might go alright as kit guitars:
    https://reverb.com/news/7-more-guita...d-of-a-reissue

Amongst them:
    • Peavey T-60
    • Fender Lead
    • Epiphone Coronet
    • Yamaha SG-2C/3C
    • PRS McCarty Archtop

If that PRS hollow body became available as a kit I might start having regrets about my current project...

I'd want to see one of those Nick Valensi riviera guitars I think they would be a nice kit guitar very distinct

Quote Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
    I saw this article about 7 guitars in need of a re-issue, and some of them looked like they might go alright as kit guitars:
    https://reverb.com/news/7-more-guita...d-of-a-reissue

Amongst them:
    • Peavey T-60
    • Fender Lead
    • Epiphone Coronet
    • Yamaha SG-2C/3C
    • PRS McCarty Archtop
    Did somebody say "PEAVEY T-60"!!!
    Yeah, now we're talking. I had a friend in the States find mine and send over. This guitar has every tone built in and is so robust Keith R would prefer it to his Tele for bashing stage invaders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180611_092922.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	27007

"Now you're talking!"
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

The whole t-series

My first bass was a black T-45. Got broke in college, lost it to the pawn shop. Years later bought a sweet/almost perfect transparent red/burgundy T-45. Got broke again...sold it. Totally regret it...would buy another, but now they're rare and can't be had for less than $500, and the few that come up always seem to have issues.

For everyone who bitches about the weight (wussies), a kit t-series would be awesome for mods like cambering the body, etc. Big issue would be matching hardware, since you really can't. They were monstrous blocks of proprietary Peavey metal (especially the bass bridge), so you'd have to find stuff in the used market. Still...being able to create your own T-60 (or T-series bass) to your own specs would be really cool.

Having sunk my teeth into my “T caster” ( T-60 neck, bridge, pickup) I’m definitely getting behind the T-60 as a kit.
    It’s designed to be “standard” sizing, so all the parts are more or less interchangeable with fender stuff, minus the branding. Tele necks are a straight fit, the scale is the same, not having the branding on the hardware sucks for sure, but seeing how expensive these are now and how heavy their body is (and light it could be), also the T-40 bass is exactly the same body just bigger pickup cavities. Your killing 2 birds with one stone!

This is a great article, even though it leaves out my favorite little loved Epiphones...the batwings!The Crestwood, Newport and Wilshire. My first bass was a Newport. Short scale, mudbucker in the neck. Gibson translucent cherry color. Not sure I loved the sound, but it played great and I have always loved those batwing headstocks.Name:  pelhamEpiphoneNewport.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  16.9 KB

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk