Thread: ES Build

ES Build

Hi Guys,

Just got my ES kit- super excited to begin the build soon. Bought a Bigsby which I think will look cool. Also putting an SD 59 in the neck and Dave Leddin is making me a PAF style humbucker for the bridge. Gonna go for an Olive Drab paint job to make it look like Brad Cooper's in the new Star is Born.

There is just one thing that I want to clarify before I set the neck- when I push the neck all the way into the neck pocket the humbuckers won't fit in. Am I meant to pull it slightly out to allow for them to fit into the holes?

I added a photo of how it looks in the mock build. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears.

Luke

Hi and welcome.

No photo showing. You've probably got a photo that's too large, so you'll need to resize it. No bigger than 1500 pixels on the longest side. Windows 10's default photo viewer has resizing as a right-click option. Choose custom size and whatever's the biggest dimension, type in 1500 pixels. There's also around a 1Mb size limit, but this isn't normally a problem, but if it is, just use a higher compression ratio/lower quality setting on the slider when saving. Otherwise use an external image hosting site and link to it using the image button. (Note that the default upload and host locally tick box needs to be cleared if the picture is bigger than the forum upload limits). A maximum width of 800 pixels seems to be best for fitting a remote hosted picture on the screen.

The neck doesn't go all the way in. Move it back just enough so that you can fit the neck pickup ring on the guitar with none of the pickup rout showing at the front. You only need the neck to be about 1mm from flush with the rout to do this.

Awesome I'll try to resize it and post it- glad that I asked about the neck before I glued it on that makes a lot of sense

Hi Luke, good luck with your build. I'm 2 weeks in. Had a similar problem (only 3 corners would fit in at once) and had to file the corners of the neck pickup cavity out by a few mm. Might be worth checking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4028.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	32961 Hopefully this pic comes through