Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Christodav's JTL-1 Offset tel

Beauty, thanks.
    Cliff

It might seem kind of a wacky way of doing it Cliff, but the process works really well. I think I'll do the next guitar finish exactly the same way if I ever do one again. The GluBoost can be purchased online. It's not exactly cheap and it is kinda toxic in terms of the vapours when it is applied and the dust when sanding, however, it is extremely fast and easy to work with if you have a well ventilated work area and the correct breathing and eye protection. It will also burn tissue and burn skin if you are not careful. Also ,keep a bottle of acetone very handy. The GluBoost locks in the colour and then it's really just a matter of smoothing it all out and spraying clear.

Quote Originally Posted by christodav View Post
    Good question. i have upgraded to Iron Gear pickups. It's a T set with an S style middle. I then really splashed out big time and ordered the electronics from 920D Custom (12 months ago or so now when the $ was better) in the States. I got a James Burton set-up with the S1 switch and a 5-way. It's more T than S but you get the middle pickup on its own and some series and parallel settings in there as well. Don't ask me how it sounds as I don't know yet, but I am getting excited about it.
    That sounds kind of interesting. I had to go searching online to see what that wiring setup meant. So basically a normal Strat pickup selection but the push button switches between parallel and series in the 2 and 4 positions.
    Kind of curious though, using a tele pickup set with a Strat middle, won't that mean that you won't have hum cancelling in the 4 position? And I guess you can't select the bridge plus neck like a normal tele.
    You know if it were me with those pickups I think I'd wire the neck and middle in opposite positions so that position 2 and 4 are combinations with the neck rather than with the middle.
    Or with the S1 you could switch between Strat wiring and Tele writing with maybe the additional 2 and 4 positions when in Tele being for some sort of series wiring (like 4 way Tele wiring). Think you might need a 5 way super switch to do all that though.

Guess it depends on what tone you're going for.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kuanjb; 12-09-2019 at 08:14 PM.

If it's good enough for James Burton; it's good enough for me. LOL

Here is the spec.

5. Liked by: kuanjb

Yeah looks quite versatile. For some reason I thought only the 2 and 4 positions changed with S1 switch. Makes sense to have the middle as neck and bridge to give the tele sound.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

7. Liked by: christodav

It is unique to the James Burton model. His guitar uses lace pick-ups. We'll soon find out how she goes. There are other Nashville style configs on other models. The Mason one for example brings in the middle pickup using a volume pot.

Wow, 10 options over 3 pickups certainly is a very versatile setup. Hope you get to give us a sound demo

She has a heartbeat!

It's way not set-up. I haven't touched the neck or frets - but I can get some chords and it sustains really nicely.
    I guess now it's time to solder the pickups?!?!

Chris

I needs me a BLUE guitar! Noice!

I guess now it's time to solder the pickups?!?!
    Huh? How are they connected (and working) now????
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

That blue came up ace
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast