Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oops I did it again.....

Quote Originally Posted by wazkelly View Post
    Yeah, guitar playing???

When do you find time to fit that in when building so many guitars? Something I seriously need to spend more time doing. Find spare time seems to be the biggest challenge.
    I know right?! I have finished 2 kits and this Ibby repickup in a month, still have 3 kits on the bench and a scratchie, plus an outside project. Tonight is the first time I have sat down to play seriously and even then, I’m just noodling around in GarageBand/AmpliTube.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

I certainly wouldn't mind checkin out a demo of that Ibby guitar of yours, which reminds me, I need to get a demo of my Fender Strat done, but I'm going to wait till after it gets a new bone nut installed next fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind checkin out a demo of that Ibby guitar of yours, which reminds me, I need to get a demo of my Fender Strat done, but I'm going to wait till after it gets a new bone nut installed next fortnight.
    So I've been playing around with Video recording with My Canon. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised with the sound quality, but it suffers from the fact that its an internal mic, and it's some distance from the actual teeny tiny amp i currently use, hence it is picking up a lot of pick and string noise over the top of what the Amp is putting out. Not that the Amp is putting out a lot as it's only 1.5 Watt.
    And then there's the hamfisted Monkey actually playing......hoooobooy, do I need to spend some time practising.
    FrankenLab

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    So I've been playing around with Video recording with My Canon. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised with the sound quality, but it suffers from the fact that its an internal mic, and it's some distance from the actual teeny tiny amp i currently use, hence it is picking up a lot of pick and string noise over the top of what the Amp is putting out. Not that the Amp is putting out a lot as it's only 1.5 Watt.
    And then there's the hamfisted Monkey actually playing......hoooobooy, do I need to spend some time practising.

I'm with you on that, my digital camera can shoot movies but it has an internal mic, and we all know that means the sound isn't going to be the greatest, one thing I would do is as I'm shooting the video with my digital camera, I would record the sound into my computer after micing-up my amp, then I would maybe import the video into the DAW I'm using and then sync-up the video to the audio recording, and then get the DAW to export it as a music video, I haven't actually tried that....yet, but it could mean better sound quality with the video, I'm sure you guys would love it if I went ahead and shot a video of myself playing at least one of my guitars through my Marshall amp.

Which means I'll need to get my playing-chops up to a better standard.

5. Liked by: FrankenWashie

Well not only am I experimenting with guitars, I am now doing so with AV and YouTube, hope this works, if it does, try not to laugh too hard...

Edit: How the heck are you supposed to get these things to Embed properly?
    Edit 2: I seem to have found it.
    Edit 3: this is a worse learning curve than actually learning guitar, as you can see, much room for improvement in all facets.
    Last edited by FrankenWashie; 13-05-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    FrankenLab

The sound quality is good, niceangle too, but you can't see the guitar!

8. Liked by: FrankenWashie

Yeah if I pull out too far on the guitar you see too much of me! Like I said, another learning curve, I need to play around with the angles, light and sight lines in the man cave and reshoot. I want to do some clean sounds for that guitar and the TLA-TH.
    Need to get some guitar practice as well!
    FrankenLab

Now you shred FW!. nice job mate. I like the angle and the cam quality (better than my Iphone). I watched a YT vid from Dylan Talks Tone about shooting with an internal mic, he said put the amp behind the camera and close.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

11. Liked by: FrankenWashie

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Now you shred FW!. nice job mate. I like the angle and the cam quality (better than my Iphone). I watched a YT vid from Dylan Talks Tone about shooting with an internal mic, he said put the amp behind the camera and close.
    ☺️ Thanks Andy, I am horribly guilty of being a noodler, I need to spend some time playing with other people playing actual songs. That’s a good tip about the amp mate, I’ll give that a run when I shoot some clean sound. I’ve been toying with getting an external mic but I haven’t had time to do any research for one to suit my camera.
    FrankenLab

Way cool man, Rock N Roll!!!

14. Liked by: FrankenWashie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast