Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look Site

It got a "wow" out of me.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Very swish, I must keep igor away from it.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Very late to this party, but yeah as others have said it looks great and definitely loads faster.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Drifter View Post
    Damn that looks good. Nice job man.
    Loving pretty much everything about it. The home page just looks awesome. And all the pages are pretty fresh, which I like.
    Looking at it again, my only gripe is the guitars shown on the homepage slider are zoomed in too much because of the width of the slider (had a bit of a battle with that myself on my own site, good fun). You could get around it by pushing a white or black border or something around the picture to make it wider, and fit into the frame nicely, which would get the whole guitar in the picture, and looking shmick.

I feel like ideally for new kits that come out, do a fancy shoot with a black background like the first guitar shown on the homepage has. Then show that on a small slider down the bottom for 'new kits', so the whole front page has some fancy looking shots kinda thing. Then when you go to the listing, have the normal shots. More work, but makes those teasers look delicious
    Thanks for the feedback Mr Drifter... I was being a bit "Arty" by zooming in on some of the images... plus I had to so the text would be readable.

Good idea about the new kits shot on a black background... but yes, that is a lot more work for yours truly. I think it might be worth the effort though.

I've seen other companies do "Mock Up" (partly assembled) shots on a black background and that does look good.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

I wonder if it'd be worth adding a 'what members of the community have done with this guitar' to the kit area, then with a few pics from the forums of finished guitars of that kit, so somebody can see the potential they have, if they haven't already. Whether it's from somebody just putting it together, or somebody going absolutely ham and modding the tits off it.
    Again, more work, but another area that could give people ideas and go 'oof'

6. Liked by: Grubsta, wazkelly

Love the look of the new webpage, looks cool.

Glad to be of service...
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Drifter View Post
    I wonder if it'd be worth adding a 'what members of the community have done with this guitar' to the kit area, then with a few pics from the forums of finished guitars of that kit, so somebody can see the potential they have, if they haven't already. Whether it's from somebody just putting it together, or somebody going absolutely ham and modding the tits off it.
    Again, more work, but another area that could give people ideas and go 'oof'
    Yep, we have this on the list and just working out the best way to do it.

The "Wish List" is very long.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

10. Liked by: Mr.Drifter

From the home page everything looks in order, but if you click on on any other page and scroll to the bottom, thing are a bit all over the place. There are headings for sections of the site with links underneath them that don't match. For example, the heading for the Babicz stuff lists strings and a pick up. Guitar of the Month lists a bunch of Floyd Rose trems.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
    From the home page everything looks in order, but if you click on on any other page and scroll to the bottom, thing are a bit all over the place. There are headings for sections of the site with links underneath them that don't match. For example, the heading for the Babicz stuff lists strings and a pick up. Guitar of the Month lists a bunch of Floyd Rose trems.
    Looks ok to me using Chrome as the browser....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast