Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: trv's Spalted Maple LP-1SS

that is beautifully done man, super impressed with the head stock logo how did you do the the inlay and is the Les Paul logo water slide or sticker you got to have a go at GOTM with it, you should be well pleased with you're efforts

Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    that is beautifully done man, super impressed with the head stock logo how did you do the the inlay and is the Les Paul logo water slide or sticker you got to have a go at GOTM with it, you should be well pleased with you're efforts
    Thank you sir. I watched the video in your signature and you can spray a mean finish; you had quite the prolific 2017!

For the inlay I used a 1.5mm thick piece of celluloid, and cut it to shape using a rotary tool and a variety of blades and files. I inlaid it into an overlay glued to the face of the headstock and filled the gaps using epoxy tinted with ebony dust.

The Les Paul logo isn't a decal or sticker, it's screen printed directly on the headstock using an opaque gold ink.

Very impressive.
    Build-1 ES-3 June 2016 GOTM.
    Build-2 IB-1S
    Build-3. ES-12G June 2019 GOTM.
    Build-4 Gene Simmons axe bass. 43 year project done.
    Build-5. TL-1S May 2021 GOTM joint winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne.Mumford View Post
    Very impressive.
    Thanks Wayne! I really liked your IB-1S, the shine you got on that clear coat was very inspiring.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10