Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RC 12 ( to the nines)

RC 12 ( to the nines)

Nobody is going to believe how much time and $$$ went into changing this " Pit Bull" into a lady. But alas, the money is spent, the paints dry, it's strung and....,much to my surprise (and relief), it sounds better than any Chickenbacker ever hoped to sound. But because I had to rout a deeper, larger humbucker cavity for the "Toasters"......it's a bit of a freak. One other thing. The finished wind on a 'dead' vintage toaster, using 44awg enameled copper wire, gave the pickup yield a stunning 5.8 ohm's. It RINGS !!! Thanks for reviewing it. I invite any comments or thoughts about it.

Sorry 'bout the photo download. Experienced a sizing 'snafu'. I'm working on it. Until they come through, picture this guitar like you would the Rickenbacker (360-6)? Ed Vedder was using the other night at the Oscar Award ceremony. Except for the headstock, it might have you believing in miracles. Thanks, and good luck to you all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	453.8 KB 
ID:	25288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized(1).jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	25289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized(2).jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	25290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized(4).jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	25300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized(6).jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	25301  

Last edited by Bill Jackson; 06-03-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: photo

can't see any pictures Bill
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Would love to see pics! Sounds interesting
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Post it up! Let's see this baby!

I started the kit knowing I was going to dump a load of cash on components. By the time I started wrapping it up, I began to sicken of it. Yea, the Rickenbacker bridge plate with two screws initially was just right when I set it up the first time. But, I didn't align it from left to right to cover the fret board evenly. After a modification, it was aligned, but offset. I believe that's what your referring to. Hey, it the melee of spending I bought 2 of the bridge plates, so I'm still in business. Thanks for checking it out.

Overlord of Music
    Bill, Simon is referring to the fact that 12 strings are usually six pairs of strings with a larger gap in between each pair. Like this
    I can imagine it would be a bit tougher to play with all the strings spaced evenly. You've done a lovely job of it though. It looks great.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

The nut was in the kit. That's the way it wants it. I notched the bridge myself, but I stuck to centering each notch. Tell you what. I'm going to see if I can buy a different nut with that sweet acoustic spacing. I'd like that more. Thanks.

That's the standard way for electric guitars as well. Have you got pictures of the nut and the bridge (without the cover) showing the notches? You'll almost certainly need to re-notch the saddles, or maybe even replace them, in order to get the correct string spacing. The nut may be fine if it came with the kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ric 12.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	25321

Interesting that the nut was supplied that way. It's certainly unusual. I can't help thinking it might open up some interesting playing options with it's current configuration, though possibly the spacing precludes normal fretting action. Nice looking guitar though, Bill!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast