This one has sat for a while awaiting any attention. With the LP on hiatus, I think it’s time to give it a run.

These were a higher priced, “Deluxe” kit that Adam trialled from an alternate supplier, though sadly the price point made them a bit harder to justify.

I have done an unboxing video, but I have yet to upload it, as these kits aren’t stocked in the PBG online store any longer ( there are the GS coded kits, which are 2 piece and very similar to this though) I’m not sure that there is any point doing so.

In a very non FrankenLab turn, this kit is going to be built as boxed, using only the stock components, bar the knobs. These will get doctored or changed out (because white knobs with gold lettering on a guitar with all other hardware chrome is going to drive me up the wall).

We have our typical Paddle to start.

There is some wonderful grain pattern on the body

As well as on the back

The fretboard is particularly lovely, and there really isn’t a lot to fix or do other than the headstock shaping.

I jumped in and shaped the headstock, using the template shown with some tweaking to suit myself.

A shot of some of the weaponry brought to bear for that operation.

I had thought to run a dark dye coat and wipe back to highlight the grain pattern, but I like the natural look so I’m going to leave it unaltered and just finish sand and clear it.

No Simon, it won’t be BLACK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro