Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: March Guitar of the Month (for Guitars and Basses finished in February 2018)

Sweet.

Thanks for that.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Man things are heating up already this month. Great work Jeffo and Grubsta. Sorry to hear about the troubles Jeffo I did notice you'd gone bit quiet. The Chicken...erm.."enthusiast" bass has come up a treat
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Man things are heating up already this month. Great work Jeffo and Grubsta. Sorry to hear about the troubles Jeffo I did notice you'd gone bit quiet. The Chicken...erm.."enthusiast" bass has come up a treat
    Cheers mate. Onwards and upwards. Might need a Pitbull to replace him
    Build 1: FS-1 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7754

Build 2: RCA-4 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=8091

Gear: Fender Strat MIM 2017 (Gilmour baby!), Maton MS500, Fender Telecaster CIJ 1983 (70's Strat neck and heavily modded), Pitbull "Flinty Yeah-Nahcaster" FS-1, Pitbull "Chickenf*cker" RCA-4, Seagull S6 Cedar-top, Blackstar HT-60 Stage MkI, Line-6 Helix FX, Hartke HD50

4. Liked by: Guvna19

Quote Originally Posted by Grubsta View Post
    Two very nice basses to start off the month well done guys.

I wasn't going to put forth my JMA-1 but after some encouragement from a few people i decided that i may as well.

So with the exception of the pickups this has all stock hardware.
    The Pickups are Warman Texas Vintage Rangers in the neck and middle positions and the bridge humbucker is a Warman Retro Rocker aiming for vintage tones there.
    The body was grain filled with ebony timber mate and stained with Dingotone Bushfire Sunrise. For the neck i went with Dingotone Colourless stain. Build time was around 6 weeks.
    Being my first build i wanted to keep it basic i do like simplicity every now and then.

Best of luck to everyone i look forward to seeing what else pops up this month.
    Wow. Nice colours.

That has to be the most gloss I have seen from a D.T. finish yet. Nice work looks great.
    Last edited by ozzbike; 21-02-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    Runner Up G.O.T.M. November 2020. Custom SHB-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2018. MMB-5

Winner G.O.T.M. March 2018. JBA-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2017. BG-46

6. Liked by: Grubsta

Quote Originally Posted by ozzbike View Post
    Wow. Nice colours.

That has to be the most gloss I have seen from a D.T. finish yet. Nice work looks great.
    Thanks it took a bit of buffing but it came up pretty good in the end. I should also point out something that i forgot to add to my original post and that is the front face of the headstock was sprayed with acrylic clear just to seal the pitbull decal.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjeffo View Post
    Cheers mate. Onwards and upwards. Might need a Pitbull to replace him
    If you're ready for a new mate at some stage - hit Adam up - he's part of the Pitbull Rescue crue here in WA - may have some contacts in Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    If you're ready for a new mate at some stage - hit Adam up - he's part of the Pitbull Rescue crue here in WA - may have some contacts in Vic.
    I was thinking more of the timber variety
    Build 1: FS-1 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7754

Build 2: RCA-4 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=8091

Gear: Fender Strat MIM 2017 (Gilmour baby!), Maton MS500, Fender Telecaster CIJ 1983 (70's Strat neck and heavily modded), Pitbull "Flinty Yeah-Nahcaster" FS-1, Pitbull "Chickenf*cker" RCA-4, Seagull S6 Cedar-top, Blackstar HT-60 Stage MkI, Line-6 Helix FX, Hartke HD50

Quote Originally Posted by teamjeffo View Post
    I was thinking more of the timber variety
    Well then Ads can certainly sort you out there. Difficult thing is which one.....s.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Well then Ads can certainly sort you out there. Difficult thing is which one.....s.
    Yeah. Just when you think you've gotten all the ones you want he gets some new ones in....He's a grand fellow like that.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Some great entries this month!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast