Thread: Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)

The love of acoustic guitar thread reminded me I had some process pics from some previous acoustic restorations/refurbishments/repairs. I thought I'd start a build thread to document them, in case anyone is interested. I've only really finished two, and the rest are works in progress, so will update as I go.

The pile of instruments began with half a dozen crappy acoustics I picked up from Tiny's Green Shed (our local recycling depot). They were all nylon string except for one parlour sized steel string. From memory they were $12 each, except the bigger kinda orange-y one, which was $20 (despite being the most busted up). On top of that I also have a really busted up parlour sized steel string that I pulled out of a skip at work, and a twelve string Cort (brand new) that I got for $40 because the pallet it was delivered on was dropped and all the guitars bodies split either side of the bridge.

I also have a handful of mandolins in various stages of repair, but that's another story (or maybe another thread...)

Anyway, my wife wanted a parlour sized guitar, and so the first one I had a crack at was the parlour sized guitar from Tiny's.

It went from this (lower left):

To this:

Last edited by JohnH; 29-01-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'