Well, this custom kit was ordered at the end of July and has finally arrived today. It's an ES-1 kit with a few simple modifications. I know that the ES-1 bodies are light, a lot lighter than the equivalent Gibson would be, so feels more like an ES-330 in weight. So it's routed for P-90s and only has bridge bushing holes drilled so I can fit a trapeze tailpiece in order to create a 330-alike. I did ask for a plain white binding on the top, which it didn't come with, but I can live with the standard striped binding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ES 330 small.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	626.6 KB 
ID:	24283

A wipe down with white spirit showed no visible glue marks, though there's a small section of the join between the pickups that may have some glue in the gap so I'll try and remove that. The veneer join is right down the centreline, which is nice. There is some slight splintering of the veneer at the very bottom and up by the horns, so a small amount of grain filler will be required round the edges.

The neck deosn't quite fit in the pocket at the moment, but from experience a few days for the wood to settle down should cure that. The fret ends are pretty sharp, but that's no problem to deal with.

Apart from the headstock face (which will be painted black) it's going to be stained a vintage cherry (well I hope it comes out that way) and then Tru-Oil finished, so that I can work on it in the house. Dog-ear P-90s will be fitted (haven't decided which ones yet, so need to make up my mind pronto, thinking about Creamery ones).