Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your shed, workshop, office, dungeon.....

This has single handedly been the most motivating post, as it motivated me to clean!!

For the most part, my 1.7 builds have been in the dining room as this garage gets bloody cold, and I'm a bit tight to use the heater when inside is already being heated.

Double garage in the Dandenong Ranges. No patchwork stuff, but admittedly there's some of the wifey's horse stuff.

For those who might care (Pitbull being a WA company and all), yes that's a signed 2006 premiership WC Eagles jersey and I'm keen to sell it as I have been traded to the Hawks.

The other is my late father's Perth Demons jersey from 79.
    Build 1: FS-1 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7754

Build 2: RCA-4 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=8091

Gear: Fender Strat MIM 2017 (Gilmour baby!), Maton MS500, Fender Telecaster CIJ 1983 (70's Strat neck and heavily modded), Pitbull "Flinty Yeah-Nahcaster" FS-1, Pitbull "Chickenf*cker" RCA-4, Seagull S6 Cedar-top, Blackstar HT-60 Stage MkI, Line-6 Helix FX, Hartke HD50

I'd be keen to show the workshop but it's such a pigsty, maybe this weekend the big clean before I start the MM-1Q. It could happen
    Builds to date
    #1, 3 string box guitar
    #2, GR-1SF, November guitar of the month 2016
    #3, Charvel Surfcaster tribute scratch build. ( Completed )
    #4, Pawn shop Strat ( Completed )
    #5, Current build MM-1Q

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teamjeffo View Post
    This has single handedly been the most motivating post, as it motivated me to clean!!

For the most part, my 1.7 builds have been in the dining room as this garage gets bloody cold, and I'm a bit tight to use the heater when inside is already being heated.

Double garage in the Dandenong Ranges. No patchwork stuff, but admittedly there's some of the wifey's horse stuff.

For those who might care (Pitbull being a WA company and all), yes that's a signed 2006 premiership WC Eagles jersey and I'm keen to sell it as I have been traded to the Hawks.
    Thats a terrific space Jeffo. Keeping the temp moderate seems to be a challenge at both ends of the spectrum.

Well hopefully now you've had a tidy up you can start enjoying it a bit more. I'm trying really hard to clean up every evening, it makes it so much more motivating in the morning (or the next time you go to play) if everything is tidy.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by JB RETRO View Post
    I'd be keen to show the workshop but it's such a pigsty, maybe this weekend the big clean before I start the MM-1Q. It could happen
    Do it!. There's nothing better than a tidy space to help you think clearly.

I remember back when I was reading street machine there was a builder (I've forgotten what his name was - heavily customised 57 chef - started black then went orange) who's words of advice have always stuck with me. You need to spend half an hour in the shed everyday minimum, even if its not on the project. Tidy up, organise your work space. Then when the motivation for the build comes you are already to go.

Harder in practice, but its not a terrible ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    The FrankenLab is very safety conscious, mainly as Igor hates having to reattach things.
    Pfft. All good practice.

I tend to use my little music studio room as my guitar workshop, since I live in Government Housing flat, I can't really have any machinery in it so I really have to make do with just basic hand-tools.

That's cool though Doc, I'm sure people will still be interested to se where you work.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Woah! Marcel, that shed is amazing! And that RF bench! I have tremendous shed/electronics envy right now
    There is a life's worth of hobby work in that shed... Even though the shed itself is less than 10 years old it took +40 years of paid work and ever persistent hobbies for what's inside to get there... and there is so much "junk" that I have previously threw out so the lawns could remain as lawns...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    That's cool though Doc, I'm sure people will still be interested to se where you work.

I'll get some pics done tomorrow, just need to do a bit of cleaning-up first though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Do it!. There's nothing better than a tidy space to help you think clearly.

I remember back when I was reading street machine there was a builder (I've forgotten what his name was - heavily customised 57 chef - started black then went orange) who's words of advice have always stuck with me. You need to spend half an hour in the shed everyday minimum, even if its not on the project. Tidy up, organise your work space. Then when the motivation for the build comes you are already to go.

Harder in practice, but its not a terrible ethos.
    I often think of something along similar lines that Salvador Dali suggested in his 50 secrets of magic craftmanship, which is basically that you should spend the last part of each day in the studio preparing for tomorrow - washing brushes, preparing canvas, cleaning up, whatever it happens to be. Then the next day when you're fresh, everything is ready and you can just work. Clearly he was talking about painting, but the same is true of anything. I find it especially helpful to think about now I have kids - I can't count the times that that extra bit of effort getting prepped while I was tired and cranky has later paid off when I actually had some few spare hours, and managed to get a whole hell of a lot done!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

11. Liked by: dave.king1, Grubsta

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast