Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slanted Neck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E2675[1].JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	23814

Hopefully this answers your questions. The neck appears to be flat in contact with the body.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Its a bit hard to tell what part of the neck heel that is- is that the contact surface between the neck and body?

I just went and had a look at my kits/guitars with the tunematic style bridge and the angle yours is at does seem a little bigger than those. Some careful sanding of the damage might bring it back (if that is what is causing the issue) I would wait and see what others say first though. I'm pretty new to all of this as well and there are people with way more experience sorting out the set necks.

I would say its 100% fixable with the right advice.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Best thing you can do, is to wrap the bridge posts in a few turns of paper, then masking tape or sellotape. You do this until you can slip it in and out of the post holes without it being loose or wobbly.
    Then mount your bridge across them, take a straight edge (750-1000mm or so) and lay that down your neck and across to the bridge.
    If you have to wind your bridge all the way up to make contact with the straight edge, or if the bridge doesn't get close then you have an issue and you'll need to remove and reset the neck.
    WIth the dent, the most you can do is to try steaming some of it out. Take some well dampened cloth and lay it over the dent, then use an iron or a soldering iron to force steam into the wood. You may need to do this several times. let the wood cool and re-assess. This might not get all of it out but it may reduce it.the alternative is to taper the back a little to eliminate it.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E2676[1].JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	258.9 KB 
ID:	23821

Do you mean like this? In which case the straight edge comes into contact with the bridge at its lowest point.

Again apologies for the tiny pictures.

Exactly like that! So it seems you're okay on that neck angle, if your bridge is all the way down, then you can always come up to set your string action up right. If you were still way off the rule and the bridge is all the way up, its a bit more of a problem.
    Did the scale length check out okay?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Ever so slightly short by a couple 8ths of an inch but I assume thats fine?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2