Hey everyone

This is my first guitar build with Pitbull Guitars.

For my first project I thought I might try a bass as I already have a few electric guitars in my collection and needed a bass for recording and playing here and there.

I decided the choose the JB-4M as I was restricted by budget and was in stock.

To get things going I started with sanding. The overall body was already in pretty good shape so it didn't require too much work. Started with 120 to remove any imperfections and then moved to a much finer grit to get the body nice and smooth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Body - 01.png 
Views:	317 
Size:	486.7 KB 
ID:	23787

Name:	Body - 02.png 
Views:	306 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	23788

Next I shaped the headstock. At first I did some rough sketches of ideas I had and once I was happy with the shape, I roughly drew the design on the headstock. To help get the curves right I used a random selection of circular things found around the house (measuring cups, pvc pipe etc).

Using a jigsaw to cut out the shape started of pretty sketchy but got the hang of it eventually. One thing I was very mindful of was the tuners. I wanted to make sure that they still had plenty of spaced to be screwed on once the headstock was shaped.

Name:	Headstock - 03.png 
Views:	296 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	23789

Name:	Headstock - 02.png 
Views:	298 
Size:	577.8 KB 
ID:	23790

Name:	Headstock - 01.png 
Views:	298 
Size:	572.3 KB 
ID:	23791

Next I will be the type of finish. I am undecided whether to go with a natural wood finish or paint it black (I have a thing for black guitars).

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to sharing my project with you!