Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New pedal board project for 2018.

New pedal board project for 2018.

Hey Everyone,

I've got a new pedal board project scheduled for 2018, this time I'm going to be downsizing my pedal chain to make it a bit simpler, as a result the pedal board is going to be smaller than the first one I built.

For those of you interested, here's what the fx chain for the new pedal board is going to be:

Going into my Marshall MA100C amp set to it's clean channel, the fx chain goes like this....Guitar, Jim Dunlop JD-F2 Fuzz Face, Jim Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah, Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer.

And in the Marshall's FX Loop...Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Boss RE20 Space Echo.

I can also add some spring-reverb from my Marshall amp if I want.

This also gives me the option to use the Marshall's overdrive channel in both Crunch and Boosted-Overdrive mode too, so I can set Boosted-Overdrive to get that edge of breakup tone, and then use the TS-9 or Fuzz Face to drive it harder.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 27-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing the build.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

I’m always confused by pedals and their relative positions to each other. I’ve only really ever had a blues driver and a flanger both of which are now gone. Will watch with interest Doc.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

The pedalboard struggle is real! Hah. Good luck on downsizing. It’s hard.

Holy massive
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Your new chain should cover most bases there Doc...

I'm a bit more all or nothing with pedals...

On the AC18W I near always go bare foot... just the guitar, the tubes (and built in tremolo) and the cab doing all the work.. if I get enthusiastic I might chuck pedal on, usually a cheap reverb or delay..

On the JVM210 it's often everything so I don't have to muck around patching... purely so I can experiment quickly and do it loud.... In the typical order which I prefer - Dunlop Hendrix signature Wah, TC Polytune 3, TS9, Big Muff, the JVM's 6 mode pre-amp, TC Sub-n-up, TC Helix phaser, Behringer UC200 chorus, TC Vortex flanger, Catalinbread Echorec, NUX time core, Digitec Trio and finally the JVM's 100W PA with digital reverb ... Not a practical or regular setup but it can be/do anything from totally awesome to a horrid ugly audio mess, and when there is a few hours to kill and nobody is around to complain it is a huge lot of fun too...

I'm thinking of buying a new Jim Dunlop Eric Johnson signature Fuzz Face and maybe a Barracuda Flanger next year, reason being is that I am interested in getting some Eric Johnson tones, might even see if I can get a set of Eric Johnson signature pickups for my Fender Strat while I'm at it.

I'm lusting after a Kink Pedals Trem-endous Gain Overdrive/Tremolo pedal. I have their Charlie Fuzz and its brilliant. Not sure I'll need a board for 2 pedals though.....
    FrankenLab

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    I'm lusting after a Kink Pedals Trem-endous Gain Overdrive/Tremolo pedal. I have their Charlie Fuzz and its brilliant. Not sure I'll need a board for 2 pedals though.....

They sound cool, I had a Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo pedal that sounded really nice, but some moisture got into it and caused some corrosion, I tried to open it up so I could give it a service but the screws were all seized-up.

They are good gear. I just need to get a better amp combo or stack to do it some justice. Oh Well. Next christmas!
    FrankenLab

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast