Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Posting images to Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    When you are linking an image on here there should be checkbox for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", unchecking that will make the file load from the external server.
    Yes I know. I'm not clear on what's wrong with just doing that. It's as easy to do as a hot link and it always works.
    Is there some particular reason people are reluctant to do that?

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    It's basically a case of "whatever works for you". There is more than one way to get images into your posts.

Imgur works for me for the various sites and forums I use and I like it here because it completely negates having to do any resizing or limits on the amount of images per post. If you have another way of doing it that works for you then go for it - I just did the original post as a helpful option.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Thanks for this Sonic. I will check it out and use it on the Forum.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon
    "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." David Bowie

I've been using https://imgbb.com lately, it also lets you upload full size photos and gives you links for medium and thumbnail size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2