G'day all,
Been wanting to make my own guitars for some time now of course I gravitated towards neck through type guitars and basses like Carl Thompsons with ebony heel blocks etc. all which are completely out of my skill level. So I decided to take my head out of the clouds and have a look at a kit type build to give me a start.
After a bit of research I found that Pit Bull Guitars with their guarantee, reputation and great support and forum would be the perfect choice for my first build.
I'd been lurking about here for sometime researching the ins and outs of building a kit guitar when I stumbled upon Dedman's DM-1S build and fell in love. I loved the simplicity of it's looks and the use of the Motherbucker and switching system to really make use of it and that babygrand bridge. I was sold!
So I've purchased a DM-1S kit and, I hope Dedman doesn't mind, will be modeling mine much the same as Dedman's creation I might at first set it up with the p90 but love that motherbucker it's just the wiring for such a set up scares me a bit.
I'm sure I'll probably have plenty of questions for you lot as I get into my build I've already learnt a lot just from lurking it seems like a knowledgeable and helpful bunch around here.

Cheers Browns