Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The PBG-VA5 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Drifter View Post
    Out of curiosity, any plans to sell kit versions? Kit amps are always fun, though usually fairly complex
    I know this was discussed, and nixed primarily due to WHS issues (mains voltage) and the related insurance complications. Adam, quite rightly, didn't want to feel responsible for any electricutions.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

2. Liked by: Guvna19

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    I know this was discussed, and nixed primarily due to WHS issues (mains voltage) and the related insurance complications. Adam, quite rightly, didn't want to feel responsible for any electricutions.
    Ah, that's fair. Good thinking there

So what if, hypothetically speaking of course, bright red tolex wasn't your thing? What if you were the sort of mad tinkerer who did silly things like stain and assemble guitar kits and fancied your chances customising a cab? What if you wanted a 10" or 12" speaker instead of the 8" one?

Not that this isn't already a fantastic little unit, but if there was an option to buy just the amp, and choose between an 8, 10, 12 maybe even 15 inch speaker for around the $250-$300 mark I think you might get a few more bites from the tight-ass DIY crowd (that'd be us).

If you wanted to get into it you could sell tolex, tweed or vinyl coverings, speaker grills and maybe even a bare-bones cab.

You could have a customisable amp kit without the worry of people electrocuting themselves. The closest anyone would get to any sort of electrical/hot work would be soldering on speaker connections - no different to soldering up pick ups etc in the guitar kits.

These are actually already on sale Andy, at a special price too, contact Adam for details.
    There would be nothing stopping you taking the chassis out and either making a head from it or putting it into a larger cabinet.
    I made my Vox VTX20 into a head and have a couple of different cabs I can run it into. Just remember never to switch a valve head on without a speaker connected

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voxed.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	28117
    Last edited by Dedman; 21-09-2018 at 06:33 AM.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

I went looking for this amp today and can't find it on the website. Have they all been sold ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gordo350 View Post
    I went looking for this amp today and can't find it on the website. Have they all been sold ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I ordered one today, so they are still available. Look in the 'Announcements ' thread for the special deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2