Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PBG Instruction Manual version 1.0

Thanks Kick and Dave C; your suggested edits have been made.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

it's amazing how many times you can read a document and still find typo's or spooling errors
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Cannot comment on the manual itself as it is the likes of me that will rely on it... to me it's well done, but being a Pom had to find one tiny error... page 27, the pic of the jack.. we would spell it piece not peice....

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedman View Post
    it's amazing how many times you can read a document and still find typo's or spooling errors
    I have this all the time, you can't see the forest for the trees. The amount of things I've printed only to realise there is a typo or something I missed on screen is embarrassing. I wouldn't stress man, this is why you get others to check your work.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

a few years back I wrote a few fiction stories, I don't know how many times I've read them, loads of people read them on a couple of forums, I read one last week and found several typos LOL
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

I felt rather honoured when I saw one of my build photos in the the wonderful work that Dedman has created. Actually I loved it, however I do see the faults in my own work and would prefer that another photo which I'll upload soon be used that has those faults removed.

I also think that where photos have come from build diaries that a comment beside the photo indicating the source would be nice. Something like "Bridge assembly of 'The Blaster' a SGJ-1 kit as done by Forum member XYZ." would be helpful to a/ limit the scope of applicability of some photos and b/ point builders back towards the build diaries by others which gives added weight to how useful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedman View Post
    I guess that's why editors and proofreaders used to exist - it is essentially impossible to proofread your own work.

Your brain plays tricks - it knows exactly what you wanted to say, so that is what you see.

Proofreading was a trade with a three year apprenticeship.
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitz View Post
    I guess that's why editors and proofreaders used to exist - it is essentially impossible to proofread your own work.

Your brain plays tricks - it knows exactly what you wanted to say, so that is what you see.

Proofreading was a trade with a three year apprenticeship.
    yep, had a few friends who were proof ,readers, type setters, layout....all those trades are gone.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I also think that where photos have come from build diaries that a comment beside the photo indicating the source would be nice. Something like "Bridge assembly of 'The Blaster' a SGJ-1 kit as done by Forum member XYZ." would be helpful to a/ limit the scope of applicability of some photos and b/ point builders back towards the build diaries by others which gives added weight to how useful they are.
    I totally agree with you Marcel. This way you actually can show what the possibilities are to build your own guitar. Great idea!

Just thinking of it: it could be a nice idea to make a photo collage of builds of GOTM from the past to end the document.
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Hi Marcel, absolutely, we should always credit photos where they are not taken by PBG. We'll get onto this for the next Draft.

Also, if anyone has photos that would fill these spots, example: (INSERT PIC SHOWING PROPERLY CLAMPED NECK), post them here or email to me, if you are happy for them to be used.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast