Thread: Marcel's folley #6 a PRS-1H

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marcel's folley #6 a PRS-1H

After the joy of the completion of my Denim Tele I had intended to carry it on and build a 12 string Tele, however for reasons beyond anyone's control that was not to be, so I've invested in a PRS-1H to extend the ever diversifying herd of Axe's under my protection...

On first inspection all seems to be in order with only the neck fit into the body being slightly looser than I'd prefer.. The Flame Maple veneer and the binding look great (I spilt a little Naptha on it to bring out the flame on the close up photo), and the grain matching of the Mahogany blocks in the body is awesome. Two minor grain blemishes in the Mahogany in the neck are more a simple annoyance than a problem (my Gibson LP has a worse grain blemish on the body).

Got a set of Gold Grovers to go with this build which is also my first Gold hardware guitar. I've been a chrome or Black hardware guy on every axe until now, so no PUP changes just yet. We'll see how the supplied PUP's stack up before making changes there.

Now to decide the colour and finish.... I have 5 granddaughters so I'm leaning towards a Pink/Red combination this time round ... Pink flame with a redish edge and Gold hardware is a PRS style look isn't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171107_164435_resized.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	23142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171107_165510_resized.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	23143