Thread: Scale length of IB-1 kit

Scale length of IB-1 kit

Hi folks, just wanting to know what the scale length of the IB-1 kit is? Don't have a big enough ruler and IB-1 body is currently drying. I'm thinking of trying my hand at building a guitar neck!

Thanks in advance.

Overlord of Music
    99% sure it's 25.5". I can double check this afternoon when I get home.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Quote Originally Posted by Joe3334 View Post
    Hi folks, just wanting to know what the scale length of the IB-1 kit is? Don't have a big enough ruler and IB-1 body is currently drying. I'm thinking of trying my hand at building a guitar neck!

Thanks in advance.
    I have done a couple necks from scratch. It's pretty simple, but your accuracy in measuring and your squareness and straightness on parts is critical. The more precise you can be the better, and this goes doubly in the cutting and shaping.

You can find neck blanks for a reasonable cost on FleaBay, or Via ALS or one of the other luthier supplies companies online.
    Maple is always good, though you can change this up for Mahogany or QLD Maple, Blackwood or similar depending on how funky you want to get and how much you are willing to spend.

If you are going to have a crack, fire a build/Experiment diary up on the Non PBG Guitars forum and ask as many questions as you need. There's a few folks around the place that scratch build that will be able to guide you along with advice and measurements and techniques.
    You don't need much in the way of tooling, but a coping saw, a router, a spoke shave and a selection of rasps will serve you well.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music
    Sorry it took so long, but I checked and yes, 25.5". Standard Fender scale.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Quote Originally Posted by pablopepper View Post
    Sorry it took so long, but I checked and yes, 25.5". Standard Fender scale.
    Thanks guys