Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: JohnH's Tayda pedals

I think ideally I would have two boosts, one at either side of the drive pedals. I might build another one to put at the front.

It's the same with compressors. I have an always on compressor set for very light compression - the forget it's there until it's turned off settings - placed near the very end of the effects chain. It's really just for a bit of volume limiting on very high volume transients and for evening out the volume levels from fingerpicked passages. Since I built the Lemon Squeezy (Orange Squeezer clone) I have placed it just after the buffer, in front of the drive pedals. While I like the sound, it does restrict the picking dynamics of the drive pedals.

On my next board shuffle I might try moving the lemon squeezy to after the dirt pedals.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

I have an always on compressor set for very light compression - the forget it's there until it's turned off settings -
    Same here, but I'm a comp first in chain. (tuner>comp>OD etc)
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Might need to start a new thread "JugglinDan's Tayda Pedals" after the order I just placed

Although I didn't order any PCBs, just enough missing parts (plus spares - why order just 3 of something when I will need it later) to build a Barber Gain Changer, a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, fix the pot on my G&L, and upgrade the pots on my tele should I ever stop building pedals long enough to finish it.

Edit: also got the components needed to finish the piezo preamp for the footdrum, and the noisy cricket amp.

All for $50 with shipping (that's AUD after the horrible conversion), so Tayda are definitely the way to go for value for money components on demand.
    Last edited by jugglindan; 22-06-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Tayda was one of the only suppliers I could find for 1M C (reverse log) pots and definitely had the best price.

I needed them to wire Leo Fender's PTB circuit (Passive Treble Bass) like in the G&L guitars. I think it's great option to the standard Fender tone circuit. The current strat build I'm doing will have the PTB in it, and I bought 10 pots to convert some of my other strats as well.

I just want to point out that I have included "Tayda" in my post, thus making it relevant to the OP
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

That's fantastic to hear that you've completed your pedal build with the preamp PCB from Tayda Electronics! Your finished preamp looks great, and it's cool that you incorporated it into the enclosure of your delay kit. It's a clever space-saving idea, especially if you hadn't yet prepared a separate enclosure for the preamp. The screenprinting work you did at your job must have added a nice professional touch to the project.

It's always exciting to start documenting your builds, and it's an excellent way to keep track of your progress and share your experiences with others who are into DIY pedal building. It's also a great opportunity to learn and improve with each project.

When you work on future projects and document them, consider including information about the PCB layers you used. Describing the PCB layers can be valuable for fellow DIY enthusiasts who might be interested in understanding the technical aspects of your builds and replicating them. Good luck with your upcoming builds, and keep up the fantastic work!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6