Why hello there everyone, I've got a quick project that I'm gonna document here because why not!

So I've had the plan to do a similar full build along these lines, but alas money is not kind enough to cover a full build right at the moment. So I am going to be making just a neck for my Squier Vintage Modified 70s Strat, since the neck on it just wasn't doing it for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0316 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	602 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	21524

Now it is also a Fanned fret neck, but one that will be a direct retrofit for the guitar as it stands. The couple of technical specs, 25" - 25.5" scales and will be perpendicular at the bridge, and everything else should basically be the same. Woods are also going to be Qld Maple for the neck itself, and QLD Walnut for the fretboard (which I am going to Ebonize, so that I end up with an all black guitar)

So, being a straight headstock instead of scarfing it this time, that was pretty easy. Measured the depth of the truss rod down, and bandsawed off a chunk of the top. After that routed in the truss rod channel, and hit it with the spindle sander to get the curve down. I think next week I'll also chisel it down to make it match the angle of the nut too

Name:	DSC_0323 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	339.6 KB 
ID:	21525

Then prep'd the fretboard to be cut. Again it's pretty straight forward so far, just planed down one edge to flat to keep it solid in the slotting jig next week. This time though I've drawn the lines on the wood itself instead of gluing on the fretboard template. We'll score the lines in before cutting it just to make sure it's all nice and easy.

Name:	DSC_0324 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	21526

And that'll be all for today. Gotta wait on a Truss rod and a new fretsaw, hopefully that'll all be here next week and we can get most of the way done