Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SG Bass and Guitar

I stripped the guitar and gave the body a rough sand to see how it was and how much filling was needed. I need to fill a few of the screw holes that held on the original pickguard and tuners so I have borrowed some kebab sticks from the missus and they will fill the holes nicely. I had bought a new pickguard from Realparts and when I fitted it onto the body I found it was too long and didn't line up with the guitar body. When I moved it up so the holes lined up with the bridge holes the outside lined up with the outside of the guitar but was too high up and the pickup cut outs were way out of place. I had already decided to make a new pickguard from scratch for the bass and I have now decided to make one for the guitar. I have never made one before manually as I had always used the machines I had at work so I am looking forward to it as it gave me an excuse to buy the router base from the green shed so I can rout the 2 guards. I also have a custom 12 string guitar coming in November which will need a custom pickguard so I am really killing 2 birds at once. Have also decided to get the router templates so I can accurately machine the guard and body. Now all that is left is to finish sand the guitar so I can grain fill and finish sand both the guitar and bass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rough sand.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	21233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pickguard.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	390.9 KB 
ID:	21234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new design.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	21235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guard compare.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	21236  
    Builds :
    # 1 - Non PBG ES-335
    # 2 - Non PBG Tele Thin line
    # 3 - Non PBG LP
    # 4 - Non PBG SG
    # 5 - RC-1
    # 6 - TL-1
    # 7 - ST-1 Custom