Thread: My First Build

My First Build

Hey Everyone

I’m really excited awaiting arrival of the EXM-1 guitar kit I purchased. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but was wondering about the quality of the tunomatic bridge that comes with the kit and whether it’s worth upgrading to a GOTOH or something like that.

Thanks
    Sachin

The tuneomatic bridge that comes with the kit is ‘ok’, a lot of folks do upgrade the bridge. There are a lot of brands out there that make good stuff and Gotoh is one of them, if you’re keen on upgrading, it’s probably best to do some research to determine what bridge to buy as not all bridges are the same; may not fit on your PBG body.

If you're planning to upgrade the bridge you might consider going to a roller bridge. They're supposed to hold tune better when bending strings.

Thank you both Joe3334 and TZK321. I understand that a quality bridge can greatly improve the quality and tuning stability of the guitar. Can anyone recommend a tunomatic bridge upgrade that theyÂ’ve used on their own kits? Any links would be helpful.

As Joe3334 mentioned, this might not fit. But it's worth checking.
    https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and...er_Bridge.html