Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Build - All Mahogany RC-4 Build!

I got some parts in the mail today. Pickguardian sent me my custom Ric 4000 treble pickup assembly cut for a strat pickup. Mirror base (1/8 inch thick) and a slab of plexiglass for the top bit (1/4 inch thick). I mounted my rail pickup in there, and it works perfectly. It ain't an SRB-1b but it'll work just fine. I also got my stereo oytput plate, and it looks like the old stereo and mono jacks I had around fit, surprisingly! Excited to get this build started! I'll probablt do some testing with the stereo feature for now and make sure i can figure that out.

No kit yet, but here's hoping the factory can get it here before month's end somehow!

Pics or it didn't happen:

Update: no kit yet, and no word of shipment.

Rations are running low.

The future seems bleak.

Waiting for a custom kit is awful.

Why did I do this. Why didn't I just order an RCA-4. Why did I do this. Why.

Also, I ordered an Omega badass style bridge with pre-slotted saddles, and it looks pretty nice. Excited to try a badass bridge out for once. I don't know what the Hipshot Rickenbacker bridge does to tone, but I've heard the badass style bridges are a little bright and add some high end zing to the natural tone. The Omega is Zinc cast like the original Leo Quan bridges, if that makes a difference.

it will be worth the wait. Those pieces look nice

Quote Originally Posted by elcodyloco View Post
    Update: no kit yet, and no word of shipment.

Rations are running low.

The future seems bleak.

Waiting for a custom kit is awful.

Why did I do this. Why didn't I just order an RCA-4. Why did I do this. Why.
    Because you have a picture in your head of what you want, and the RC-4 doesn't fit it. Persevere. Collect your other bits. Work up your build plan to distract yourself. What steps will you need to take, what tools do you need etc.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    The waiting time is a good test of / builder of patience........
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2