Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roland Blues Cube "Stage"

Quote Originally Posted by wazkelly View Post
    OK, so the consensus is that the stock Chinese valves will need to be replaced... but with what? Open to suggestions.

It really depends on how much you're willing to spend on replacement valves, when I decided to buy some new preamp valves for my Marshall amp, I felt justified on spending about $150.00 on a set of three Gold Lion ECC83 (same as a 12AX7) valves because the amp deserved a set of decent valves to sound it's best, the Chinese made 12AX7 B valves I had in it weren't quite up to par and sounded a bit weak.

You could try having a look through all the valves that Evatco stock.

http://www.evatco.com.au/product-list/
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 29-05-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I believe I owe you guys an explanation for my absence from the forum, basically, someone sabotaged my NBN internet connection on Monday last week by pulling the fibre optic cable from out of the NBN Co. Box located outside near my front door, had to wait till this morning for an NBN Co. Tech to come and fix it for me, I've got no idea who pulled the fibre optic cable out, or why they did it, I'm just glad to be back online again.
    Glad there wasn't a sinister explanation for your absence Doc. was starting to get a bit worried
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Glad there wasn't a sinister explanation for your absence Doc. was starting to get a bit worried

I was having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to socialize with my forum mates while my internet was down, so it's great to be back online again mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I was having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to socialize with my forum mates while my internet was down, so it's great to be back online again mate.
    Could have used your phone as a mobile hotspot so no need to suffer too much

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Could have used your phone as a mobile hotspot so no need to suffer too much

I suppose I could have done that, but apparently all the wireless networks have been switched off after the NBN system was implemented in Darwin, I guess I could have used my Samsung Galaxy y phone, since it can operate as a wireless modem, but Samsung don't have any Windows 10 drivers for it and it'd cost me an extra $100.00 to buy internet credit for it, my Old School Nokia phone is too old school to have any modem functionality included in it, so I was stymied whichever way I looked at it.

I do have a Telstra 4G Wireless Internet USB Dongle, which I tried yesterday and couldn't get it to find a network to connect to.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 29-05-2017 at 02:58 PM.

G'day Doc,

When traveling I use my Galaxy 5 as a mobile hotspot for both laptop and iPad, no drivers required for the laptop.

When you enable the phone hotspot your PC WiFi should be able to see it and you simply connect and tell it to auto connect when the hotspot is enabled.

Chews up a bit of data allowance but at least it keeps you on the air.

Having said that I browse various forums and email from the phone too

G'day Doc,

When traveling I use my Galaxy 5 as a mobile hotspot for both laptop and iPad, no drivers required for the laptop.

When you enable the phone hotspot your PC WiFi should be able to see it and you simply connect and tell it to auto connect when the hotspot is enabled.

Chews up a bit of data allowance but at least it keeps you on the air.

Having said that I browse various forums and email from the phone too

Cheers mate, I'll keep that in mind for when the next time my internet goes down, I'm just glad to be back online now after all this time, and it didn't cost me anything to get it fixed.

Just be aware of how your data plan works Doc, mine throttles down but I pay no extra, others will want a kidney per Mb over limit

9. Liked by: wazkelly

Just be aware of how your data plan works Doc, mine throttles down but I pay no extra, others will want a kidney per Mb over limit
    Good point, but since I usually end up with about 499 Gigabytes to use per month after I pay my internet bill, I'm usually pretty well sorted, I'm paying $75.00/Month for my NBN internet service, and I get about 499 Gigabytes of data, and I'm technically supposed to get 100Mb/Sec for my download speed, and 40Mb/Sec for my upload speed, but in practice they're more like 94Mb/Sec for downloads, and 30Mb/Sec for uploads, still pretty fast, well definitely much faster than my old Telstra 4G Broadband Wireless internet I was using before switching over to the NBN, 4G Wireless Broadband was also way more costly too at $100.00/Fortnight for 6Gb worth of data, so you can see why I switched over to the NBN.

I was so impressed with the Ultimate Blues Tone Capsule I had to get the New York Blues Tone Capsule. The gain setting is outta this world

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed