Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Every good manual needs a great Introduction... "Welcome to your new addiction..."

This text is from our Welcome Letter, which we still include with each kit:

"Congratulations on your purchase of one our Pit Bull Guitars Electric Guitar or Bass Kits. We know you’re going to have a blast painting, assembling, setting up and playing your new guitar or bass.If you’re anything like me, you’re probably dying to get started putting your kit together to see how cool it looks and hear how great it sounds. Well, we strongly urge you to take a minute and think about putting together a plan first. Rushing your build will end in disappointment… guaranteed.
    You will note that there is no instruction booklet that comes with your kit. This is because all the instructions you need (including this manual) are to be found on our website. We have a great selection of Instructional Videos, covering most of the popular models, and we also have a very useful Community Forum, where you can get help for your specific kit.
    The great thing about our Forum is that you can talk directly to experienced guitar builders who have already built your kit and can answer any questions you may have. So, make sure you sign up to our Forum straight away."

What would you like to add/delete from the Introduction?
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Looks good to me, I liked the old statement that said that it was not an "Ikea kit" that really spoke to me.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

"We strongly advise buying a second kit immediately so you don't rush the first one and have something to do while things dry or set"

Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Congratulations on your purchase of a Pit Bull Guitars Electric Guitar or Bass Kit. We know you’re going to enjoy painting, assembling, setting up and playing your new guitar or bass.

If you’re anything like us, you’re probably dying to get started putting your kit together, to see how cool it looks and hear how great it sounds. However, we strongly urge you to take a minute and think about putting together a plan first. Rushing your build will end in disappointment. We almost guarantee it.

The first step on the road to building a great guitar or bass is to read through this manual. You'll get an overview of the adventure ahead and find plenty of tips and tricks to help you have a successful build. While you're at it, start jotting down your ideas, who knows, you may have so many great ideas that this won't be your last kit.

To help you out, we also have a website with a great selection of instructional videos, covering most of the popular models, and we also have a very useful Community Forum, where you can get help for your specific kit.

The great thing about our Forum is that you can talk directly to experienced guitar builders who have already built kits like your's and are only too happy answer any questions you may have. So, make sure you sign up to our Forum straight away.
    Last edited by Rabbitz; 02-05-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Missed a comma or two
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

That's great stuff Rabbitz, just what we need.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Unfortunately, (for the current version) all the instructions are not on the PBG web site (yet), and there are videos missing that need re-making, so it's wrong to let people think that all the basic answers can be found outside of the forum. Plus, almost every kit has its little quirks, so unless they are experienced, then they are really much better off doing a build diary and getting help from those who've done it before.

On Rabbitz version, I'd remove 'painting' in the first para (as a lot of people stain/wax/tru-oil etc.) and cover the finishing in a separate sentence. e.g. Choosing how you are going to finish your guitar (e.g. painting, staining, waxing or oiling) is almost a big a decision as choosing what kit to buy in the first place. If you have no set plans, or would like to first consider some options, have a look on the Forum at people's finished guitars and build diaries to get an idea of what's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I'd remove 'painting' in the first para (as a lot of people stain/wax/tru-oil etc.) and cover the finishing in a separate sentence. e.g. Choosing how you are going to finish your guitar (e.g. painting, staining, waxing or oiling) is almost a big a decision as choosing what kit to buy in the first place.
    Yep.. this. For example, I shan't buy a kit until I have a finish worked out for it; this promises to be something of a hindrance to me but there you go!!
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel

I toyed with replacing "painting" with "finishing", however that may be ambiguous to someone who isn't up to speed in that area. I also dislike using the word "build" as a noun - as in "Rushing your build will...".

As this is an early pass, it can be worked out.
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

Maybe an idea for the last paragraph...

The great thing about our Forum is that its family friendly and you can talk directly to experienced guitar builders who were once novices and have already built kits like your's. They are only too happy to answer any questions you may have. So, make sure you sign up to our Forum straight away.
    Heres the link www.buildyourownguitar.com.au

All the best from The Pitbull Guitar Team

Just a small change to let the shy know that they are not talking to a bunch of pros who will talk down to them and baffle them with science.
    Fender electric Fat Strat mim. (Bought)
    Maton Electric Acoustic EM325C
    Pitbull Guitars ST-1 ( finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5970
    Pitbull Guitars SG-2 ( Finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6124

Pitbull Guitars JM-1 (Finished. 2018 June GOTM))http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7150
    Pitbull Guitars TL-1 (In production) [url]https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8676

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Exactly and we also don't mind answering the same questions over and over
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast