Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4-Knob Tube Driver Build.

Update:

Had to shelve this pedal-build project for some time due to my funds being diverted into other things, hopefully I'll get a chance to make a start on this project next fortnight, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it completely.

Update:

Thought it was time I did an update, anyway this week I'm finally going to get round to buying all the bits and pieces I need to build a 4-Knob Tube Driver pedal, I've got a nice 12V AC-0-12V AC power transformer that should work well to power it, a couple of days ago I compiled a list of parts I need to buy from my local Jaycar Electronics shop, and I'll work out which parts I already have, I'm also going to be spray-painting the diecast aluminium case which I will use to house all the circuitry, once I'm finished building it and I know it's working properly, I'll post some build pics plus maybe a couple of audio demos.....stay tuned....

Sorry, have to put this project on hold for the time-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Sounds great Doc. I am going to have a go at the Greanbean tube screamer soon. Going to get the parts and breadboard it out. However, I'll have to draw the PCB for etching (EEEK!) more learning stuff.

There's a great piece of free software you can download for creating your own PCB, Pad Per Hole, and Strip/Vero Board layouts which I highly recommend getting, I even use it myself, it's called DIY Layout Creator, it's written by a guy who goes by the name of Bancika, he's a member of another forum that I'm a member of, called Freestompboxes.org, here's a link if you want to download a copy of DIY Layout Creator:

https://bancika.github.io/diy-layout-creator/

Update:

I've decided to get-cracking and get things all organized so i can start building a 4-knob Tube Driver this coming fortnight, I've drawn-up a list of parts I'll need, and will be piopping-into my local Jaycar Electronics store on Tuesday next week.

I've already got a piece of strip/vero board that I can use, all I need to do now is design a suitable layout for the parts that will be soldered onto it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 04-09-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Update:

Hey everyone,

I've been away from the forum because Microsoft finally officially released Windows 11 22H2 this month (September 2022), and I wanted to do a complete clean install of it, anyway I digress, I've managed to make some progress on my 4-Knob Tube driver build project, and have gotten a usable Vero Board layout up and running using a bit of software called DIY Layout Creator, I'm currently in the process of soldering some tinned-copper wire links onto the board prior to soldering in all the other parts, hopefully next Tuesday I'll get a chance to pop-into my local Jaycar Electronics store to buy all the parts I need, some of the parts I already have so my next job is to compile a list of the parts I need to buy.

I'll see if I can make an image file of the layout, I created for my 4-Knob Tube Driver build and will post it here for you all.

Here's a pic of the vero board I designed for my 4-knob Tube Driver build:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tube Driver Circuit Board_resized.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	43603

It's all ready for the next stage in the build-process, soldering all the parts onto it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 28-09-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Update:

Currently working on re-making the board with a new piece of Vero, had some problems with the copper tracks lifting off due to too much heat, besides, I wasn't too happy with the quality of the solder-joints I was making, fortunately things are going much better this second time round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2