Hi, glue spots have been a problem and it's an issue with any kit with a veneer, from all suppliers in this price range.

We have worked hard with our factory on this and have seen a marked improvement in the veneered kits coming through in the most recent shipments.

We also check every kit carefully before we ship it to the customer.

I can honestly say we get very few returns now.

And, as Brendan says, our warranty is very fair and we always favour the customer. so yes, you are fully covered.

That said, our terms do say:

"If you only read a few paragraphs of our Terms and Conditions, please read the following before making your purchase:Our guitar kits are not “Ikea Guitars” that you simply paint and assemble; they are the raw, unfinished product from a factory that produces guitars for some of the world’s best known brands.

Please understand that your kit may have the odd scratch, dent, mark or glue spot you have to deal with as part of your build. You may even find small cracks or other imperfections, which can be filled with no effect on the guitar’s appearance or sound. We are unable to guarantee flawless, blemish free kits at these prices. If you find a fault, like a significant crack, which cannot easily be repaired, please contact us for a return for a repair, replacement or refund."

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybrayguitars View Post
Hello Adam, as in my welcome post I am new to PBG and will be ordering LPM-1 and the ES-3 and my biggest concern is the glue spots Im reading of. Is this common from the supplier? will PBG warranty any bodies? I can easily check the body before any finish is applied for any problem spots using mineral spirits for example but would hate to be stuck with a body that can not be finished as desired. Thx