Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wiring a humbucker into a SSS Strat

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    If it was me. I'd get annoyed with the hole after a while and have to get a new scratchplate.
    That may come in the future... I haven't really decided yet. Unfortunately HSS lefty scratchplates are hard to find online (at least ones less than 30-40 bucks) so I'm out of luck for now.

I spoke to soon with the wiring... looks like my middle pup is cutting in and out between switching, so I'll have to get out the soldering iron again tomorrow and fix the gremlins that keep popping up.
    My Axe collection: Squier Affinity Strat modded (TBC) - Epiphone SG400 - Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus - Martinez MFC-15L - Ibanez PF15ECE.
    Amps: VOX AC15c - Ashton BlueTongue 50 - Laney LX-65w.

Songwriter, Guitarist, Wannabe Singer - 'Surrogate Son' is my band.

Sure it's not the switch? Run it fully backwards and forwards quite a few times, which can often improve things without resorting to some switch cleaner. Though a squirt of switch cleaner may help for a while (Servisol 10 or Caig De-oxit).

Those Squier switches aren't the best and they do often fail after a time. Even the wafer switches fail from time to time but I generally find them more reliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2