Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re-visiting my old Peavey Backstage Plus guitar amp.

You could even fit a small trim pot rather than a fixed resistor, so you can adjust the brightness as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    You could even fit a small trim pot rather than a fixed resistor, so you can adjust the brightness as you wish.
    Yep, that would work a treat I'd most likely use a ten-turn trimpot of at least 100k in value cause I think the Blue led in the amp already has a fixed 47k current-limiting resistor, I've got a nice Jensen C10Q speaker to put in the amp, I just need to find some spare nuts that'll fit the speaker mounting-bolts cause it's missing three of them.

I've found that in practice those modern super-bright leds don't need a whole lot of current to glow at full brightness, less than a milliamp.

I just checked the led's current-limiting resistor and I did indeed use a 47k/1% 1/2W metal film resistor.

Okay, I have to be honest here, I added the blue indicator led because I wanted the amp to look cool, not me....I'm the complete antithesis of cool.....hahahaha.....
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 18-07-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Update:

Just been working on making the new footswitch for my Peavey Backstage Plus amp, seems to have gone without a hitch, but I won't know for sure if it is working properly till i finish working on the amp itself.

Update:

Finally finished all the restoration work on my Peavey Backstage Plus amp this afternoon, everything seems to be working great, including the footswitch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2