Thread: Mastering A Pop Track With Ian Shepherd

Mastering A Pop Track With Ian Shepherd

Hey KB, didn't know you followed along with Warren Huart? I'm currently mixing up some of his free multitracks and I'm about to start the Motorhead tracks I got from his website afterwards!

My Daughter uses it Kels and she suggested a couple of his tutorials are you enjoying it buddy

Now that is a really useful video lesson. He gets everything right. I'm going to watch some more of his videos.

I have a feeling I met him once briefly when my soul band was doing an outside gig at a private house and I think he was the next-door neighbour who came up and said he enjoyed it a lot - he was a mastering engineer but really liked to hear live music - and he looked just like him (if a bit younger then).

But I know the Meterplugs tools are good ones (I use their K-meter) and all my pro friends really rate the Ian Shepherd Perception plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    My Daughter uses it Kels and she suggested a couple of his tutorials are you enjoying it buddy
    Hey KB, I'm definitely enjoying his tutorials and ideas, his explanation behind it all is really solid too! Also glad to know your daughter enjoys it, she's into audio production?

Also KB I'm about to start studying audio production next week, I'm very keen to be working with one of the teachers who has worked at Abbey Road studios and worked with U2 and Sting in the past!

Hey Kels, My daughter costs me a fortune she's worth every penny lol. She's got the bug, just bought her a Focusrite interface and and Se Mic loves it great voice too. Something I never managed. Sound ok in my own stuff lol.
    Learn as much as you can from him Kels it's the little things and he will have a massive amount of knowledge that will stand you in good stead. Talk to him about stings bass setup you'll love that. Mic setup placement. And U2 great info to glean make notes.If you ever need any advice on gear always ask Kels. George too from Soundtown in Perth has set up studios for pretty much every one in Australia . And toured with some big bands very knowledgeable guy anything Studio related ask him. He's always willing to help.
    I haven't heard anything from you in ages buddy keep rocking send me some mixes.

All the best
    Kimball