So while I wait for my PBG FV-1G kit to arrive I figure I should start a build diary for a project that is already underway. I once had an idea for a strat based on Eric Clapton specs that had the Layla artwork on the body and figured I would order a body to try and experiment how to actually reproduce the album cover on. So I ordered an XGP strat body from Guitarfetish to get started on. Unfortunately when it arrived it turned out that they sent me a body routed for a Floyd Rose trem rather than a traditional Fender style.

With my original plan foiled, I eventually got some inspiration to do a strat based on the old unofficial Canadian flag, the Red Ensign. I played around with some ideas and settled on a red body with Canada coat of arms design, Union Jack pickguard, gold hardware and (of course) a maple neck. This Frankenstein image was pretty much my concept.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedEnsign.png 
Views:	355 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	16641

So I then ordered a British Flag Relic pickguard from WD and found some aged knobs and pickup covers. I decided to try a light-medium relic on it, partially to reflect that it is an old obsolete flag now, and partially to cover any ugliness in my coat of arms graphic (more on that later).

Name:	ST_2G04.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	16642

Name:	Hardware.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	16643

That's it for the first post. I'll add more later on the body graphics, painting, neck and electronics.