Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: FrankenWashie's Third, The Cliche Black LP

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    ooow keep it shiny! will look killer once it's cleared. Was that stencilled on or a decal?
    it’s a cut vinyl decal Rabs, it’s going to be satin finish all over.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    it’s a cut vinyl decal Rabs, it’s going to be satin finish all over.
    So......it's a rat rod? Groovy, a flat finish will be better than a bumpy finish. After seeing the detail I managed with Henry, it still comes as a surprise how fine a detail you can get with a cutting machine. ... I'm not steady enough to hand cut the same detail I used to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    So......it's a rat rod? Groovy, a flat finish will be better than a bumpy finish. After seeing the detail I managed with Henry, it still comes as a surprise how fine a detail you can get with a cutting machine. ... I'm not steady enough to hand cut the same detail I used to be able to.
    I was concerned with that font once I sized it down to fit the headstock, but the better half’s silhouette machine didn’t even blink, it just ripped it out. Even the weeding was relatively painless.
    I will be making more use of it in future😁
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    I was concerned with that font once I sized it down to fit the headstock, but the better half’s silhouette machine didn’t even blink, it just ripped it out. Even the weeding was relatively painless.
    I will be making more use of it in future😁
    It does open up a new world of possibilities. Airbrush artists use cut vinyl to make stencils. The stencil provides a scaffold to build on, providing all the hard lines then filling the details and shading to give some dimension. And when used as a basic stencil you can use colours that aren't available as a DIY decal.

That headstock is looking pretty special, and I like the way you’ve shaped the ‘W’ into the design, nicely done.

6. Liked by: FrankenWashie

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15