Thread: First build ES-1F

First build ES-1F

Hello!

Excited to get started on my first build, and ES-1F!

The veneer has a nice flame but is slightly rough around the edged in some places. Not so much that I'm worried about it though. No bubbles and no visible glue squeeze out that I can see.

I've just done a test fit up and confirmed the break angle is all good and that the neck pocket is straight etc... I was able to get everything aligned and achieve a good break angle. My concern is that with the neck seated in the pocket there is a pretty decent gap on the treble side as well as at the heel above the binding.

I test fit both E strings and they were evenly spaced along the fretboard so I don't think it's an issue with the neck being mis-aligned.

My question is, is this normal? is it something I should worry about? Just fill the gap after I've glued up and move on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	44315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1194.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	44316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1193.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	44317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1192.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	44318  

You could when gluing potentially add another clamp to pull that gap into the neck once you have set the first one. Thats how I reduced the gap on mine. You could test if it will work by setting your initial clamp to position and then set the second and see if it pulls up. from memory mine didn't need a lot of pressure and didn't change the neck orientation.
    Tony