Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ES-1G wiring upgrade help needed

ES-1G wiring upgrade help needed

Hello all

Thanks for having me.

I'm planning on buying an ES-1G soon and wanted to go with a Seymour Duncan pickup/wiring set for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ROA54EQ...I1ZL50MX3ILG6V

I just wanted to make sure the pots are of the correct length and the pups are of the appropriate size. Hopefully someone on here can confirm or not.

Thanks in advance.

Hard to read what's on the bottom of the pots, but I think those are the short shaft 3/8" threaded shafts. Also they are wired and full sized (24mm). On my ES those would not fit through the f-hole, so you may want to check that. Also you want to make sure they are the right distance apart.... If the wires are to short to get to your holes....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ugg. I didn't think of the actual size of the pots not fitting through the f hole. Hmm, maybe I need to find smaller pots and seperate pickups instead of going with a package deal.

Anybody have any ideas?

you could use that deal and simply swap out the pots and rewire smaller ones in.
    if the postage isn't killer, that is a good price for the pickups alone so it would still be worth it

or like you said, buy it all separately

Sounds like a plan. I think the pickups are perfect for the ES and the wiring looks great. Maybe I will replace the 4 pots with appropriate sized pots and still use the wiring and switch. Now I need to find the right pots...

If you are bing it anyway, don't buy pots just yet. Maybe they'll fit .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Absolutely. When I get the guitar kit I'll probably order that set of pickups and wiring. If the pots don't fit thru the f hole I want to have a plan already in place for ordering pots.

good plan Jeff

good choice in that Bourns are good quality and those are a better size and should fit fine

however, you will tend to want 500K pots for humbuckers instead of the 250s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast