Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The testing commences

The testing commences

Picked up a few samples while in China.

I've always thought an inexpensive, good quality, low wattage, genuine valve amp would be a good addition to the e-store. I really like my Vox mini stack and would even use it live (mic'd up), it sounds so good.

If we can get something like that, in a combo, I think it would be a winner.

There's plenty of $100-150 5 watt practice amps around, so if we can pitch slightly above this level, I think we might find a niche.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	857.6 KB 
ID:	13913

I also picked up a few pedals; delay, chorus, hi gain distortion and a tube screamer style pedal.

I've arranged for some comprehensive testing here in Perth and we'll feed back the results to the factory and hopefully end up with some new products early next year, after some refining.

So, what would you want to pay for a 5 Watt valve amp and the listed pedals?

What's missing in the inexpensive mini amp and pedal market?

What colour would you prefer the amp? (The "Fender colours" don't work for me... needs more Pit Bull Guitars red and black)
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Black vinyl covered box with a red gauze cloth front, black panel with red knobs, Pitbull logo stencilled on the cloth perhaps?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Hi Adam,

That little Classic 5 Amp looks cool, I scored myself a Legacy Valve Edition 5 Plus amp from one of my local music shops a few years ago for only $180.00 because it was faulty, it turned out to be easily fixable though, the thing is, it was normally retailing for about $299.00 if my memory serves me right, it was a 5 Watter, just like that Classic 5 in the pic you posted, so, I'd be prepared to pay around $300.00 at the most for a nice little 5 Watt Valve amp, others would probably disagree.

I think that Classic 5 amp would look cool in the Pitbull colours, but with the Tweed pattern.

Nice selection of pedals you have there too.

Hope the testing goes well mate.

Here's a thought, what about getting a little 5 Watt Valve amp custom-designed and manufactured for Pitbull Guitars?
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 16-09-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Don't suppose the pedals can be a build too?
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post

Now there's an intreguing good idea, what if there was a line of custom-designed/manufactured PBG pedals too?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Black vinyl covered box with a red gauze cloth front, black panel with red knobs, Pitbull logo stencilled on the cloth perhaps?
    Well, you just read my mind... exactly what I was thinking.
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Hi Adam,

That little Classic 5 Amp looks cool, I scored myself a Legacy Valve Edition 5 Plus amp from one of my local music shops a few years ago for only $180.00 because it was faulty, it turned out to be easily fixable though, the thing is, it was normally retailing for about $299.00 if my memory serves me right, it was a 5 Watter, just like that Classic 5 in the pic you posted, so, I'd be prepared to pay around $300.00 at the most for a nice little 5 Watt Valve amp, others would probably disagree.

I think that Classic 5 amp would look cool in the Pitbull colours, but with the Tweed pattern.

Nice selection of pedals you have there too.

Hope the testing goes well mate.

Here's a thought, what about getting a little 5 Watt Valve amp custom-designed and manufactured for Pitbull Guitars?
    Yep, that's what we are thinking, in PBG colours and even with our own Mods... an extra switch, another knob... options are endless.

and yes, under $300 is the range I'm looking at... $250 would be spot on.
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Hey Andy, when we started it was going to be guitar kits and pedal kits... but we couldn't make the pedal kit thing happen. We just couldn't find a supplier we were confident in.

There have been a few sites here who have tried and I'm not sure they are around anymore.

I can just see so many technical issues with DIY Pedals that I'm reluctant to make the investment.

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

A small range of pedals, like GFS do, would sit nicely in our store.
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Well, you just read my mind... exactly what I was thinking.
    Option on a 25 and 50 tube head done the same style for those wanting to build custom cabs?

It'd be cool if you could get red coloured speaker cones and chassis, so you could mount it on a red base, then have a perforated metal grill in black in front of it
    Last edited by FrankenWashie; 16-09-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Yep, that's what we are thinking, in PBG colours and even with our own Mods... an extra switch, another knob... options are endless.

and yes, under $300 is the range I'm looking at... $250 would be spot on.

I agree, $250.00 sounds like the right price, considering that most vintage 5 Watt amps, such as a Fender Champ in good condition, are worth quite a bit of money these days, I've heard of them easily going for a couple of grand, which is surprising since they actually don't contain all that much in the way of electronic parts, I've been thinking of building myself a Fender Champ, I've got two of the valves I need for it, so I could end up building one next year.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast