Thread: For those interested in recording here's some free plugins to download

For those interested in recording here's some free plugins to download

Wow, thanks Kim. A little goldmine.

I have just started recording my guitars using free "in-the-box" amp sims and Cab IR's and have once again become a plugin-aholic. There are a couple of amp sims that I am interested in and a really nice Cab sim with 12 cabs and 8 mics. That should keep me busy for a few hours. lol.

Thanks again mate.

rob

Pleasure Rob have fun using them, the reverb plugin is pretty good.

Cheers for that Kimball, I've got the URL bookmarked and I'm going to see if I can download all the free plugins on offer this afternoon, you can never have too many plugins.

I think Ableton Live 9 supports VST plugins, so I might have a play around with some of the plugins in Live 9, I know that Reaper definitely does support VST plugins, and so does FL Studio too, FL Studio's plugin bridge/wrapper tends to be a bit cantankerous at times with some plugins, I've had instances where some plugins caused FL Studio to crash and corrupt the FL Studio project file so that it would not run properly without crashing FL Studio, in the end I had no choice but to delete the offending FL Studio project file and start from scratch.

@ robin If you're after a good IR Speaker Cab simulator then check out the NadIR VST plugin by Ignite Amps, it's free:

http://www.igniteamps.com/
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 16-07-2016 at 05:17 PM.

@ Doc
    Thanks for the heads up mate, the NadIR is the one I'm using at present. I am also using some of their amps, I really like their Emissary Amp.

I already have so many IRs that it's hard to find the good ones. I need to sort through them and get them into some sort of order.

rob

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    @ Doc
    Thanks for the heads up mate, the NadIR is the one I'm using at present. I am also using some of their amps, I really like their Emissary Amp.

I already have so many IRs that it's hard to find the good ones. I need to sort through them and get them into some sort of order.

rob
    No worries mate, I have some IRs in my dropbox folder that you might be interested in, I'll post a link here for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eaqb8g96a...CyXxjq-Wa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kz92p1il...DkvvZHv5a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czab54d1s...pN1IxHtza?dl=0

Let me know if those links work.

Thanks for that Doc, the links worked fine.

Your's are different to mine, the ones I have are just named after cab make, mic make, and position. It will be interesting to see how they sound.

Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thanks for that Doc, the links worked fine.

Your's are different to mine, the ones I have are just named after cab make, mic make, and position. It will be interesting to see how they sound.

Thanks mate.

No worries at all, if you give Kimball a pm he may have some more IRs you might be interested in too.

hmm thanks for the share. I have actually usually been looking for plugins like this on websites like kickasstorrent or something like that. I usually like to download things on the internet via torrent files. I find it faster and usually the quality is good. I mean for something important of course I will buy the original software but for games and random things I use torrent. One of the problems I do have is that my seed speed is low. I have been trying to bump it up as much as I could and then I came across this really cool website called https://www.seedboxreviews.com which kind of has a list of seebdox programs and it compares them between each other. A seebbox allows you to bump up your speed even if you don't have an optic cable so it was exactly what I needed. I think that if you guys are interested in something like this you should give it a spin. Good luck
    Last edited by lysagrey93; 31-12-2020 at 09:42 AM.