Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DrNomis_44's Hackintosh Build

DrNomis_44's Hackintosh Build

Hi everyone,

Thought I would start another one of my threads after getting my ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Motherboard to successfully boot-up, anyway, after a suggestion by Keloooe in another thread in the Home Recording Forum, I am planning on using my motherboard to build a Hackintosh as it is something I've heard/read about a lot on the internet, but have never tried doing it myself, so I thought that I would give it a go and maybe learn some new skills in the process, who knows, it could even be fun, so here's a couple of pics of the Motherboard, note that I have swapped out the CPU Heatsink:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motherboard_resized.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	10853

Name:	Mobo Closeup_resized.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	10854

And here's a screenshot of the Motherboard's BIOS Setup screen, showing that it does indeed boot-up:

Name:	ASRock BIOS_resized.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	10855

I scored the Motherboard from a computer case that was next to some rubbish bins located not far from my mailbox in the car park where I live, pretty lucky find isn't it?

So, over the rest of this year I will be working on getting my Hackintosh up to the point where it is booting up into a recent version of Mac OS X, lots of fun and exciting times ahead.

Feel free to post comments and suggestions.

Nomis, I read you are using a 1x8GB stick of RAM, a 2x4 kit would run better, the more sticks, the easier the CPU can spread out its load, so if you can grab another stick that is the same down the line, it will be very beneficial!

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Interested to see how you go with this. I built a hackingtosh about 7 years ago using an Intel motherboard with good success.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Quote Originally Posted by keloooe View Post
    Nomis, I read you are using a 1x8GB stick of RAM, a 2x4 kit would run better, the more sticks, the easier the CPU can spread out its load, so if you can grab another stick that is the same down the line, it will be very beneficial!

Cheers Keloooe, I'm actually looking at maxing-out my DAW PC by eventually filling all the Ram slots up with 8Gb Ram Sticks, my Gigabyte GA Z68XP UD3 Motherboard Manual says that the Motherboard can support up to 32Gb of Physical Ram, so when I can afford it I'll buy some extra sticks, for the time being I'll have to make do with 8Gb of Ram till my finances permit buying more.

My Desktop DAW PC has the Gigabyte GA Z68XP UD3 Motherboard installed in it and it's the one I'm using right now to get online and log onto this forum.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 27-04-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdosborne View Post
    Interested to see how you go with this. I built a hackingtosh about 7 years ago using an Intel motherboard with good success.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, if I run into problems I'll know who to come to for advice, what version of OS X are you running on your Hackintosh?
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 27-04-2016 at 02:36 PM.

I recently hackintoshed my existing PC (the parts happened to be compatible) which was pretty simple. I used this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan...reate_unibeast

I happen to have a couple of spare 80Gb Sata HDD, would they be okay to use in my Hackintosh build or do I need to buy a bigger HDD?

Don't see why 80GB wouldn't work. El Capitan takes up way less room than that.

Should be fine Doc for the HDD!

How lucky are you Doc to find a working motherboard lol. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket this week too. Well looks like Kels and Emily will be a great source of information in your Hackintosh build. Have fun.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast