OK, sorry for more on shielding...

I am ready to set up my JB4. I have the copper tape coming (hopefully get it tomorrow) so I am preparing for the big event .

I understand from the various posts that I will be lining the cavities with the foil (get that) and that the foil should be earthed and I believe I saw that the control panel should be shielded as well.

So my questions are;

• Do I have to still apply the existing earth to the bridge (assume this is a must)?
  • Do I have to earth the copper shielding to the bridge as well (with another shielded cable) or can I earth to one of the pots?
  • Do I remove the pots from the control panel and stick the copper to the underside?
  • Do I need to earth the underside (assume not given the pots grounding on the panel)?
  • Do I shield the inside of the pickup cavities (assume you would)?
  • If you shield the inside of the pickup cavities is it OK to earth then back onto the shielding in the control cavity (going all the way to the bridge would mean some longer cables and we all know cables are antennas)?

One final question not shielding related When fitting the pickups I see that the springs are supplied, is there no need to place some foam under the pickups? Are the springs adequate to stop them rattling?

Cheers
Tony

PS I don't know why I've waited 45 years to build a guitar and will be building more