Replacement kit has just arrived from PitBull (from the previous build that was not so successful) - a nice TLA-1 kit with a maple neck with Rosewood fret board.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TLA-1 Guitar Build - 1 of 5.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	10692

Name:	TLA-1 Guitar Build - 2 of 5.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	10693

The kit has chrome hardware and the plan is to use the Bondi Blue dingo tone for the body with a black burst using Black Stump dingo tone. Hopefully I will have enough left to do a second build. Actually I will have to drop dingobass a line to see if DT2 is compatible with DT 1.

There are a few corrections needed on close inspection. The bridge pickup route needs to be expanded to fit the Tonerider pick up and clear the cut out in the bridge.

Name:	TLA-1 Guitar Build - 4 of 5.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	10694

Name:	TLA-1 Guitar Build - 3 of 5.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	10695

The neck is also bigger than the pocket so I will need to chisel/file out a fraction on either side after finding the centre line of the guitar.

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	10696

The neck is in good shape though, compared to the last one which ended the previous build. Frets are well seated, fretboard is even and nicely arched.

So here we go, onto the sanding of the body, I've got a couple of days off work so I might get all the way to the first coat of stain.