Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need help with pickup selection

Hi RNL, I have a feeling we've communicated on email a few times. Great to see you made it to the Forum.

You're on the right track... the Grover mini locking tuners are a no-brainer. They are excellent tuners and I guarantee you will not find them for less anywhere. We have a deal with Grover where we can sell them at this price on the condition that they are only for builders.

As for Babicz FCH... if you can afford it, I guarantee you will receive them and say "ahhh, ok, I can see why these cost so much" They are seriously impressive.

Bone nut... definitely. The bone is hand-picked by Clarence... 'nuff said.

The Gold Tele knobs... I think I know what you mean, but if you send me a pic I will be sure. I think you're talking about "Knurled Knobs" but a photo from the web would nail it.

Pickups... just depends what you want to spend. The Toneriders are very good value and I've heard great things about the Pure Vintage set. If you can afford a bit more, the Bensons are very good. For Custom, US made Pickups, they are excellent value.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

And just so you know who Clarence is, here is a link to a video of him 'helping' me in the workshop
    http://youtu.be/UfjcU5AlUSE

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

3. Liked by: adam

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for your help, I have viewed these on youtube and was quite happy with the sound. Checked out your build, great job & love the colour.

Hi Kimball,
    Checked out the above links, do like the sound of the Benson pickups. Must say they are the pups I am leaning towards, but may go with the "54 Vintage at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    Wot Kimball sed
    It's Kimballs fault that we decided to stock the Bennos.... Very good pups for not a lot of cash.

Coota is a cutie, I have a Staffy named Saffron... Talk about a sooky la la. It was raining a bit here last night and her royal highness flatly refused to go out for her pre bed time wee... Guess who got woken up at 3am to let her out?....
    Hi DB,
    Have to agree the Benson's do seem a great pickup for a low price, hard to believe they sound so great I had to pay double the price for the Fender Texas Specials I bought. Great job on your recent build, looks amazing can't wait to see this one finished and lit up. Know what your saying about sooky dogs, Coota is the same a real big softy at heart but wouldn't have him any other way
    Last edited by RNL; 20-04-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Hi Adam.
    I finally decided to join, still not sure how to attach images etc will get my daughter to show me. Can do it work but at home have no idea how to get them from phone to computer. I might be able to send a link though to your email, pretty sure I know how to do that LOL
    Thanks for your advise, I have read somewhere on the forum that the Mini Grovers may not fit directly into the pre drilled tuner holes, I will get my hubby to double check the size for me, I will definitely be buying the Babicz bridge and Grover tuners for myself and hubby. I do like the sound of the Benson "54 vintage and the Tonerider Classic Blues
    Last edited by RNL; 20-04-2016 at 05:50 AM.

RNL I look forward to hearing the pickups you choose. I don't have a set of the 54 vintage as of yet. In fact I've not tried the toneriders either. Whatever you choose enjoy them. Goodluck with the build and have fun.

Hi Kimaball,
    Really do have to agree with you on this one, the Benson's do have that sweet smooth sound to them. Don't hurt my ears on the highs like some of the others tend to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3