Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zeddybitz...

Zeddybitz...

This is Zeddybitz, a Boxer Pointer cross.. Hence the name

Zed is a rescue.
    He was rescued by the wonderful City Rangers in Queanbeyan NSW. They have a no kill policy and work very closely with NSW and ACT animal rescue organisations.

When Zeddybitz was rescued, he weighed 11 kg.... Had spent his life chained up on a concrete floor with just a sheet of tin for shelter.
    He had been beaten and mistreated so badly he would literally shit himself and try and run away if you so much as raised your voice.

My good friends Alexis and Drew of Belconnen Discount Pets took him in and nursed him back to health.
    I was working part time for them when I first met Zeddy. He had just been picked up from the Vet after his neutering and a small op on one of his eyelids (he had an ingrowing eyelash)
    The big boof had the cone of shame on and he looked up at me with those big sad eyes and I just knew I had to give him the life he deserved.

Anyhoo, a few months later after he was up to a more healthy 16kg it was decided that I would have him for the day to see if he and Saffy the Staffy would get along. They did.
    Zed spent the day playing and sleeping on the lounge (something he wasnt allowed to do at Lex and Drews)

Next day, (after I got a roasting because the first thing he did when he got back to Lex and Drews place was to get up on the rather expensive leather lounge ) Lex rang me and asked if I would foster him as there was another dog that needed rescue.
    Needless to say I said yes, and also said you wont be getting him back
    Turns out that was Lexies MO.... She does that to heaps of the foster carers....

And now, 9 years later, you would never know how terrible a start in life he had.
    Everyone who meets Zeddybitz immediately falls in love with him.... Even non dog people cannot resist those big eyes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	699.9 KB 
ID:	10173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	202 
Size:	930.4 KB 
ID:	10174  

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

2. Liked by: DaveyCustom

Zeddy is a cool dog. He doesn't get any where near as excited as Safron needs a rev limiter fit !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Overlord of Music
    Aw, he looks like an absolute champ.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Awwwwww....he's a lovely dog, I'm glad he's got a good home now.

DB, it's no secret that I absolutely adore Zeddy. He is such a great dog. Every time I pull up to your place, I most look forward to seeing Zeddy again. Apart from you that is!.. no, that's not true, it's Zeddybitz.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Great to see so many rescue dogs homed. I was pet shop kid, my folks owned a pet shop for most of my teenage life and it was often heart breaking to see people take animals home that you knew would lose interest in them after 2 weeks and neglect the poor animal. I had the choice of taking on the biz when I left school but knew I wouldn't last, too many cases of the animal being smarter than the buyer. We were big into bird breeding, some people can't even manage to put seed and water in a cage ffs
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

I hear ya Deaddy..
    My friends Lex and Drew who own the pet shop I worked in were the first in Canberra to stop selling puppies and kittens.
    They made the decision to promote rescue instead and thier business grew as a result..

There were a few times during my tenure there that I refused to sell birds to folk as my instinct told me it was an impulse buy..
    This is why I hate seeing cute puppies and kittens in those bloody horrible glass boxes in pet shops... I have been banned from both Armadale Mall pet shops for being a tad vocal in my disapproval
    Do I care? Nope, but I always make a point of walking past and very loudly telling them what a holes they are for promoting puppy farms...

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Adam, we are used to Zeddy getting more visitors than we do.
    Infact, the past few years Zeddy recieved more Xmas cards than we did.........

10. Liked by: adam

Banned
    Hes looks lazy like me old bullmastiff lol sleep, sleep, eat, walk, sleep. My old boy was that lazy he let the dog next door bark if any one was out the front of the house, but step onto the property and everyone knew there was a BIIIIG Dog waiting.

I would love another dog, but i need to travel more, and i dont like seeing people with dogs living in caravans and cars all day. I also hike in National Parks alot and the old dog would restrict me in doing that.

Sleep, eat, sleep then a bit of woofing at imaginary space aliens then more sleep followed by ten minutes of maniac playing with Pindari then sleep.
    Thet pretty much sums the old boy up these days..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast