Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Intonation set, but its out of tune up the board.

Nut relief of 20 thou is a pretty common setting. I think it is a combination of measurements as suggested .
    Also, do you have higher frets on this guitar than you are used to? As pushing down too hard when fretting will also make a note go sharp. Nut relief could come down to 18 thou by sanding off the bottom of the nut.
    If the string is in tune open and 12 th fret then the intonation is correct. Suggesting the fretting of the note is pulling it sharp. You are no stranger to guitars, so perhaps there is something about this set up or technique on this one causing it...

How much neck relief do you have.: capo on first fret and fretted at body, how much height do you have above the 7 th fret?

Can you get us some pictures of the neck? Close-up, overall length, bridge, nut, front of guitar etc? It's very hard to see what may be going on without pictures.

Hi, I have virtually the same problem, can you tell me how you fixed your tuning problem
    My first few frets are very sharp, to use my guitar I have to tune to the first fret and not play any open strings.

Cheers geoff

Hi, I have a problem about intonation too.
    I have to pull back the saddles for all notes on 12th fret get the right tune.
    The problem is i've pulled saddles too much and cannot pull them anymore but the intonations are not getting better.
    Any suggestions to fix this problem?
    Sorry for my bad English

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMKyte View Post
    Hi, I have a problem about intonation too.
    I have to pull back the saddles for all notes on 12th fret get the right tune.
    The problem is i've pulled saddles too much and cannot pull them anymore but the intonations are not getting better.
    Any suggestions to fix this problem?
    Sorry for my bad English

That sounds to me like the bridge itself has been positioned a bit too close to the bridge-pickup (if your guitar has one installed), so, you may need to re-position the bridge if at all possible to get enough adjustment range.

For those of you that may be interested, I might see if I can do some measurements on my Fender Strat to get measurements for where my Strat's bridge is positioned, since the intonation has been accurately set at the Fender Factory, and it uses the same scale-length as a Tele, let me know if you guys are interested.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 27-12-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2