Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi from South Coast NSW Aust

Hi from South Coast NSW Aust

My guitar mentor from Florida ("the gator wrestler" AKA eS.G.) recently introduced me to PB.
    Looks like PB has a good line of products and given my GAS problem may save me many $$$.

Welcome along. I think for me the best thing is actually understanding what's under the bonnet of my bass... If you settle on a build / or have any questions about the different kits - feel free to post the question - I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Welcome along. I think for me the best thing is actually understanding what's under the bonnet of my bass... If you settle on a build / or have any questions about the different kits - feel free to post the question - I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty quickly.
    Brendan, I suspect you're correct about getting under the bonnet.
    Member eS.G. named me "cork sniffer" long ago for spending and not building, well "the times they are a-changin".
    Without doubt I'll be asking questions in the future but I'm unfazed at the prospect, I have a trade background and you blokes as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by cork sniffer View Post
    My guitar mentor from Florida ("the gator wrestler" AKA eS.G.) recently introduced me to PB.
    Looks like PB has a good line of products and given my GAS problem may save me many $$$.
    Definitely a good way to save when GAS is a problem, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungee View Post
    Definitely a good way to save when GAS is a problem, welcome.
    Cheers Bungee, I'm an old bloke new to guitars but my wife has been able to knock a tune out since her highschool days. Adding to my problems is she also has GAS.

Hi welcome to the forum cork sniffer,
    hope you enjoy your build

which bass kit are you building ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    Hi welcome to the forum cork sniffer,
    hope you enjoy your build

which bass kit are you building ?
    Small misunderstanding, I'm not a bass player, all of my guitars have six strings.
    When this holiday period slows down and I have time to properly consider the PB range I'll make the call.
    For the next couple of weeks I'll comb through older forum posts and talk with eS.G. about his build.
    At this moment I'm leaning towards a hollow body, the wind may blow from another direction tomorrow.

Welcome to the madness CS ( at least you didn't grab the cork soaker name after the Jannet Jackson YouTube clip )

I'm up the road at the top end of the RNP and have built the ST & PBH kits from PB. And a TL kit from another source, I'm feeling a Starcaster kit may be just around the corner but SWMBO is starting to question the size of the herd and does not understand that each of my guitars has a totally different voice and feel

Oh boy here comes the neighborhood........

Welcome Cork good to have ya around.

LET THE BUILDING COMMENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Welcome to the madness CS ( at least you didn't grab the cork soaker name after the Jannet Jackson YouTube clip )

I'm up the road at the top end of the RNP and have built the ST & PBH kits from PB. And a TL kit from another source, I'm feeling a Starcaster kit may be just around the corner but SWMBO is starting to question the size of the herd and does not understand that each of my guitars has a totally different voice and feel
    Thanks for the welcome Dave, the only place better than "The Shire" is "Northern Illawarra", LOL just messing with ya.
    You better educate that lady of yours. Mine thinks we'd better stop accumulating because we've run out of wall space.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast